MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Keep at it my man. We will get there on our own time. I made a little progress earlier, I think I’m getting a better feel for it.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve been making a little bit of progress each day as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Been working on Jades again today…landed 8 in a row…felt good.
I’m still going long stretches of misses though.

I don’t think I’m holding the string tight enough. Should it be a death grip where the string can’t slide at all once you’ve grabbed it?

5 Likes

Yup, grip it like you’re trying to strangle it to death. Or, you know, just so it doesn’t slip.

4 Likes

I’ve been working on the jade as well. I’ve landed 2 in a row a few times but that’s it. It’s frustrating. Not a difficult trick but very hard to land consistently. Slight timing variances make all the difference. Needless to say, I haven’t done “follow” yet…

kgb

5 Likes

You’re not alone!

I landed 8 in a row tonight…but I’m still missing a ton before hitting one or more in a row.

Thanks

3 Likes

Guys that’s awesome progress!
It took me more than a month of adding a jade whip here and there in between every trick before I could land it more than 3 times in a row.

This weekend I’ve been trying to replicate some of @Damb’s whip slaps but so far it has been more “slapping the yoyo on my hands at the speed of light” than whip slaps :smile:.

6 Likes

Hey guys…so, week #28!

So we’re going to try something a little different this week for our Trick-A-Week. Hoping to hear how you guys feel about us doing this as feedback is always welcome and helps us learn as we move forward!

This week I asked for an extension on last week’s Tricks. Jade Whip, Iron Whip and Follow.
I don’t know that any of us have gotten Follow (unless you’ve learned the trick before last week)…and some of us (me!) are still struggling with Jade Whip.
So I’m hoping we can give these tricks another week here in this T-A-W.
I’m hopeful that some of you guys will start landing some Follows, meanwhile it’ll give the rest of us a chance to further work on Jade and Iron.

How do you guys feel about this? I know this is Trick-A-Week…not Trick-Every-TWO-Weeks :stuck_out_tongue:.

I’ll make the announcement for our upcoming week here shortly.
I think most of us have started to land Jade Whip…even if not consistently. We’re at least hitting it.

So for this upcoming week I’m going to make Follow our official trick to aim towards. Totally hope it’s okay if I don’t get that far this week…but it’s the end goal at any rate.

Hope ya’ll have a great week and really hoping we can start to get a bit more consistent moving on with another week! Also looking forward to seeing if some of you start landing Follow! :smiley:

4 Likes

TRICK-A-WEEK WEEK #28

So last week we started to work on Jade & Iron Whip with the goal of learning to do the trick called Follow.
Some of us are still struggling with Jade Whip, while some of you are starting to get the hang of Jade, but haven’t been able to start landing Follow quite yet.

So we’re going to extend these for 1 more week here for our Trick-A-Week…with the end goal of being able to do Follow again.
I think some of you guys may well start getting Follow this week!

I hope everyone has a great week! :smiley:

JADE WHIP

IRON WHIP

FOLLOW

4 Likes

Yay, more time for me to catch up with you guys! :slight_smile:

Just made a quick video as my final submission for week 27/28:

Obviously, having already learned Jade Whip was a massive advantage for the other two tricks. So it feels a bit like cheating.

I’m still not 100% happy with Follow, but I don’t think I will be either in 7 days. It’s a trick I’ll enjoy perfecting little by little.

#4 Mexican Duck Pond* is such a blast, you were right @twitch77! I recorded a video earlier today but haven’t done a little sketch for the trick, so not sharing yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck everyone, may the whip be with you.

5 Likes

CHEATER!!!

Quick @AKYOYOMIKE …grab the pitchforks!

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Dang you makes these tricks look easy! haha :smiley: Well done man!

Such a cool little trick! Super flashy and a ton of fun!

:rofl:

And may you whip long and prosper!

4 Likes

That follow was really good. :+1:

3 Likes

Here’s my vid. I had known Jade whip before the challenge. I had been trying to get follow but was never good at it. Practiced a lot this week. Since there is another week, I’m going to try to smooth it out the best I can.

Follow → Jade Whip → Iron Whip

8 Likes

is that a Dunk?

3 Likes

@CPC man that looked great! Well done!

2 Likes

@twitch77 Thanks

@PCaliyoyos Yes, it’s a dunk. Been enjoying it.

6 Likes

Well of course.
It’s green.
Impossible not to love!
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Made a Jade Whip combo today as a way to show you guys my progress. Getting really comfortable and consistent with it now. :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBLsrQQBwbu/?igshid=1foh0vqd8uuui

9 Likes

Wow! :open_mouth:
That’s insane.
Really impressive elements/music sync too.
You just got me interested into (and made me google) how to come up with combos.

4 Likes

lmao…why you gotta be so ridiculous Moons? >.<’

I feel like I’m driving in this thing:

While you’re pimping things up in this:

3 Likes