MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I make it a point not to break or steal my kids’ toys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just kidding, I just can’t find one that’s close to the right weight :rofl:

2 Likes

Apparently weight doesn’t matter as much as wel think :thinking:

1 Like

lol poor Ryan…I swear the universe is trying to give him a sign.

Tried to send him some counterweights…they broke out of the box during shipping and were lost.

So he got himself a Freehan AL…it didn’t come with the counterweight it was suppose to come with…

I need some mini green rubber duckies!

4 Likes

Fun! :smiley:

Bee Sting looks really cool and will be a big challenge for the noob that I am!

lol I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with for counterweights!!

2 Likes

OMG… you guys won’t believe this. I got some counterweights! Fourth times the charm apparently :rofl:

Man, I can’t wait to give ‘em a go tonight.

Any tips for the late starter?

4 Likes

get comfy letting go of your counterweight.

3 Likes

Helmet

3 Likes

Tips?
Well…you’re pretty far behind at this point so I’d start with this trick and go from there…

3 Likes

Hmmm… letting go of the counterweight turned out not to be a problem for me. Trying not to wake up the wife and kids, OTOH… My son is gonna have so much fun chasing around my yo-yos when they roll across the floor. Tomorrow will be fun.

Man, that felt sooo weird landing a trapeze in reverse the first time.

5 Likes

MoonageMin…stealing his kid’s toys to feed his own toy addiction since 2020.

3 Likes

Consistent Bee Stings are hard, if you can get them in a week mad props. One of my favorite 5A videos with Shigo Terada doing Bee Stings with ease playing a Küntosh.

6 Likes

Ok, I’m catching up. Done all the basics except the 360. I love the brother mount switch; that’s so fun, almost meditative.

5 Likes

Damn brother switch took me a while…

4 Likes

It felt weird at first. I didn’t want to let go of the counterweight on that one. So I just let go once and it clicked while I was doing it.

5 Likes

I love brother switch. It’s “home” position when I flow.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

So you never brother switch? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I have a team of brothers I switch out:

Old video. Same brothers😉
4 Likes

Yeah, I already feel the same. Not that I flow per se in 5a… yet.

2 Likes

Been trying for bee stings for a while now. I lose it when I get to the undermount as I’m not quite sure what’s supposed to happen. I know the trick starts with a 360 and the CW ends up doing another rotation around while I hop the yoyo up and over into the undermount. Am I supposed to just roll from the undermount back into the trapeze or something?

3 Likes

I landed a couple decent bee stings today and one reverse which I think was pure luck.

Basic stalls are giving me a hard time though. It seems like I cant get the right amount a momentum into the cw. Its either flailing like a tossed rock or blazing around my fingers and wrapping in the yoyo.

4 Likes