MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I am currently learning 5A and that was the most recent video that I have

6 Likes

Still not as smooth as I would like but getting better at Deep Magenta.

6 Likes

Looking great though! :smiley:

ā€¦
I kept waiting for a creepy clown to jump out of the dark room behind you!
lol I need more sleep >.<ā€™

2 Likes

Haha thatā€™s the utility room :wink:

2 Likes

Here is my (very rough) deep magenta too

Btw that is my spam acc not my real yt lol
8 Likes

Hereā€™s my Deep Magenta Progress

8 Likes

Hey look, choco the great got a subscriber!:wink::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Taking the Endgame out for a spin I see! :smiley:
Nice work man!

2 Likes

That was very good dude! To my noob eyes it looked very quick and smoothly doneā€¦not rough at all!

4 Likes

Sorry for skipping over your comment Eos :frowning:

Thanks for the suggestion on Miguelā€™s channel! TONS of great stuff there!

Weā€™re always open for suggestions and ideas :slight_smile: ā€¦I gotta be honest though, Iā€™m personally afraid suggestions from you are going to be beyond my current skill levels :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

That was smooth smooth. Haha this was where I wanted to be at!

2 Likes

Dude that was great. Glad your feeling better.

3 Likes

Thanks @AKYOYOMIKE, and @MoonageMin. Itā€™s a cool trick, and the kind I have the most trouble withā€”not terribly hard step by step, but making it flow is hard and what makes it look good. Iā€™m gonna keep working on this one.

But Iā€™m ready for a break, gonna try to start 5a today. That should be funā€¦ or funny :grin:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think I made myself clear lol. What i meant is, from the vast selection of tutorials that Miggy has on his channel, I could give you some suggestions on specific tutorials that could be beneficial for your 5A learning regimen, as it is mostly based off the tutorial order YoTricks has. Miggy uses quite a different approach and level system compared to what YoTricks does, specially because YoTricksā€™ tutorials is quite a bit weak mount-wise, and Miggy recommends learning those early on.

The reason Iā€™m telling you all of this (lol) is because weā€™ve hosted 5A May learning events in the past, and those have seemed to work very very well for people who have never done 5A before.

5 Likes

Holy cowā€¦i just watched 2 .of miguels tutorialsā€¦ fantastic! Thank you.

A repeat video but i think itā€™s smootherā€¦i added a windmill (i think) at the end but i hope to this smooth by sunday. Loving the 5a

7 Likes

Loving 5A and having a blast with it so far! A few general thoughts as I practiced today:

• My catch still sucks
  • I think I should make my string even shorter
  • Still keep catching a bit too far ahead of the cw sometimes causing it to get wrapped up

Good news is my playdoh counterweight came out to 10g on pure luck! Also, I now have an excuse to buy another plastic yoyo!

5 Likes

Still struggling with bee stings but finally got a little brave and went for a 5a grind (as seen on Dylan Kowalskiā€™s channel). It ended with a runaway yoyo. I am amazed at how well delrin takes a beating. I might try this again with another thatā€™s a little more beat up.

Half bee sting is almost there, itā€™s tricky getting the yoyo to pop over a finger when the weight is swinging around the opposite way.

Electric Fanā€¦ Hahaha yea, not happening. My brain disallows this trick to happen.

5 Likes

Oh my days this is like 100% my experience exactly!

2 Likes

nice!

and also scary times for the owner of the silver car :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to do the double on trapeze unwind thingyā€¦but with my opposite hand (my throw hand).
Itā€™s SO hard hahaā€¦havenā€™t hit it yetā€¦but I sure have hit the floor with my yo a lot! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes