MonkeyFingerDesign Vines

I was luck you enough to be sent a pack of MonkeyFingerDesign’s Vines to try out and review. I received some normal thickness green, and some phat yellow strings. I have used YoyoExpert Contest String for years, and never ventured into different brands and types of strings. I know this is strange, especially since I’ve played with different types of high quality yo-yos and bearings and such. But I purchased some Normal yellow Kitty String about 6 months ago. I was blown away with how well they resisted string tension and how much quicker they were with whips. I received my package of Vines and threw a Phat string on my Edge Beyond. I immediately noticed crisper binds and floatier whips. It felt a bit rough to the touch but after a few hours of play the texture smooths out. The string looks great during play, the color is bright and the thickness makes it very visible to you, and onlookers alike. The string is more durable than Kitty and seems to last a pretty good bit of time longer.
The normal thickness string was a nice color of green, not so green that it won’t match most yo-yos, but a nice neon green the visually pops and compliments a wide array of colors. I put the green normal string on my Grasshopper X, and Pickaxe. The string seemed even rougher to me than the Phat and was much longer than Kitty or YoyoExpert Contest String until trimmed. The whips are fast and the slacks stay open as your string tension holds well, to me I felt the string tension held not quite as good as fresh Kitty string, but it held much better and longer than a played with Kitty string. The whips are faster with the normal than with the Phat, and the texture does smooth out after some play. I stretched all of my strings before playing with them so it wasn’t very bouncy, and played very predictably through many different elements.

Overall I enjoyed the MonkeyFingerDesign Vines and I will continue to play them until I run out. I really like the Phat strings and I will purchase another pack or the Phat Vines when I run out of those. For a reliable, durable, long lasting string that performs predictably, I would definitely recommend you pick up a pack of MonkeyFingerDesign Vines!

2 Likes