MonkeyfingeR Design Aotus Review

Hello all, I wanted to review the signature model of Will Hahn by MFD yoyo! It’s one of the best H’s I’ve ever played.

The Yo-Yo’s History - Made by MonkeyFingeR Design in 2020, Will Hahns signature model he designed for 5A. The colorway I have is the first yoyo expert colorway to be released on the Aotus. Aotus Lemerus which means Owl Monkey.

The Yo-Yo’s Specifications :
Width: 44.9mm
Diameter: 57.1mm
Weight: 65.1 grams.
Fast, floaty, powerful and stable.

The Pros and Cons of the Yo-Yo;
Pros: Powerful, Smooth, Stable, long spinning, floaty, grind finish, quiet spinning. The Aotus is a dream throw for anyone who enjoys a well designed H shape yoyo, one of MFD’s best designed models in my personal opinion. Second to the conspiracy for best mono metal I’ve ever played. The Aotus is forgiving and spins forever, if you can’t land tricks on the Aotus it’s a you problem and definitely not the forgiving throw. One of the smoothest yoyos I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning.

Cons: limited, pricey, rare

Sincerely, NewmanThrows

3 Likes

3 Likes

How could one play 5A with such beautiful ano!

I agree, the Aotus plays very floaty yet incredibly powerful enough to outperform some of the $150+ bimetals I own.
What made you think that the Conspiracy plays better? I don’t have one but currently considering to purchase one.

2 Likes

Love the Aotus, probably my favorite yoyo!
I would agree with everything you said.
Conspiracy is a V and Aotus is a organic H… both amazing but play differently for sure.

3 Likes

It’s such a personal choice, a lot of MFD fans go between the Conspiracy and Aotus. The Conspiracy won yoyo of the year in 2017, it’s a competition model designed by the whole team vs a single team member signature. The Aotus is phenomenal don’t get me wrong but the Conspiracy in my own opinion plays better.

1 Like

The conspiracies design is so aerodynamic it just moves so fast and truly floats. It’s great for speed and just about anything you can throw at it. I’ve had 10 different MFD models and IMHO Conspiracy is king.

1 Like