Modern Yo-Yo Tricks (temporary) Selected by Sakatuca

This Sunday 7/2 uploaded.

Exclusive Yuuki Spencer 2010 Trick 01

Please check this out!!
And, Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube channel!

7 Likes

This Wednesday 7/5 uploaded.

Chopstick Chop by Jason Lee

Please check this out!!

8 Likes

This Sunday 7/9 uploaded.

Pure143 by Paul Escolar

Please check this out!!

8 Likes

Last Wednesday 7/12 uploaded.

White Buddha original flow by Paul Escolar

I super love this trick last element.

Please check this out and just do it!!

14 Likes

Freaking awesome

1 Like

Thank you so much🤝

2 Likes

Hey guys!!
I came acrost awesome bucket trick!!

This Sunday 7/16 uploaded.

Bucket Monkey Twist by Gary Longoria

Please check this out!!

10 Likes

Hey guys!!
Big news!!This Wednesday 7/19 uploaded.
I faithfully recreate Citadel’s legendary trick
CANDY RAIN 2 original flow

Please check this out and Just do it!!

And, Thanks for your help citadel.
Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube channel!

8 Likes

This Wednesday 7/26 uploaded.

Shock Wave 5000 by Paul Escolar

9 Likes

This Sunday 7/30 uploaded.

Domino by Augie Fash

12 Likes

This trick is so hard, great tutorial!

4 Likes

Thank you so much !! You made my day!!

1 Like

I uploaded “Modern Yo-Yo Tricks Trick Index” video.
Please check this out!!

9 Likes

100% agree this trick looks so sick but is so hard! Bah my hand is sore lol imma push it because if I can get it down smooth, it feels like my nth chopsticks will have certainly leveled up! Good luck and let me know if you have any breakthroughs on how to get this sucker smooth!

3 Likes

Yeah I can do all the chopsticks movements after grinding for a few hours but I’m still just stumbling through them, the second movement where you’re undercutting a little trapeze on your thumb is really difficult. I think the two things I learned was that the movement of your throwhand and how much slack (it’s not actually a slack but you know what I mean) you’re giving each chopsticks movement is really important, and also if you find the strings riding up your fingers for lack of a better term (they migrate towards the base of your fingers) then you need to play with the angle of your hand more.

1 Like

I totally get what you mean about the way throw hand functions. Trying to smooth this out and watching more of Augies tricks again has me realizing how important that push and pull with th is…like it’s almost like a side style boing e boing or something…I wonder if figuring out front style protrusions like the advanced boing combos would help me w this…hmmm imma get there, it’s just going to be hard to make look good

1 Like

Ooo also for that first undercut, I think you might want the half of the loop on finger side to scoot to the base of the fingers like it makes that undercut easier. There is a note about it in the older sector y tutorial for this trick but the angle is fickle either way like still hard lol idk if you’re having luck keeping it further forward that’s sick I just couldn’t get it to work well like that.

Edit you prolly meant after that for the like mini submount part and I should work on the angle more…I’ve been cheating it by like holding it in place with the ring finger.

1 Like

the specific way you make your chopsticks matters a lot too, getting the cup shape right so that the strings don’t slide back down towards the base of your fingers is important as well, I found using both middle + index finger inside the loop helped a ton as well.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m bad about that and let it slide too much. This is also why I wanna learn this trick too…I just know it will help me so much to be able to get this smooth.

This is all super accurate in my experience! Terrific advice.

Angling your hand really helps open up the string for that underpass/second element. I think the hand angle is probably the single most important element for me to hit the trick consistently. The string riding up your hand is probably the most frustrating part of the trick, either causing the yoyo to miss the string or a double-on when you want to only hit a single string.

FWIW, my fingers aren’t as long as many people who are good at chopsticks, so getting adequate separation between string segments can be pretty difficult. It also helps with chops in general to use an undersized yoyo and keep your hand posture in as much of a bracket [ look as you can get it, of course.

Something that also might help you perform the trick is switching the number of fingers in the mount.

I do this sometimes:

• For the first element, try doing doing the roll with 2 fingers. (Index, middle).
  • For the second element, the underpass, try underpassing with 3 fingers (Index, middle, ring). That might help give you some separation between the strings to better perform the underpass.
  • For the last two elements, you could either keep the three fingers if that helps, or switch back to two.

Here’s a visual:
Don’t pay attention to the fact that my hand is in a “V” shape. Just the string segments are important.

You can also simply try doing the entire trick with 3 fingers instead of two, but for me, that usually messes up my angle and makes me hit the trick less consistent.

Don’t worry about getting it smooth! Or in utilizing the up and down motion with your hand/arm. Both those things make the trick much more difficult in my opinion, and is only worth doing when you can get through the trick somewhat consistently. And, my hand gets pretty sore too. Definitely a trick worth taking breaks on, haha.

Last, Sakatuca’s and my videos makes the trick look more fluid than maybe it actually is. It’s not quite like Gerbil where you’re barely pausing. Once you have the trick a little smoother, it needs to be performed slightly more thunky/heavy and maybe(?) slacky as fradiger had mentioned. I think there needs to be more pause between elements than Gerbil or a roll/rails or braintwister combo or whatever. The up and down motion with your arm helps the visual look of the trick when considering that.

Loved reading the comments - appreciate you trying to learn it! And thanks to Sakatuca for making the videos in the first place!!

6 Likes