Mobile Gamer From Rain City Skills

While there are small yo-yos and slimline yoyos individually, Rain City Skills introduces the Mobile Gamer, filling the niche for small slimline yo-yos.

The Mobile Gamer is the second release in Rain City’s 12-months-12-yoyos series, featuring a design that mirrors its namesake, equipped with a size A flat bearing. With a clean bearing, it operates unresponsively, but a drop of lube allows it to return with a tug.

|Diameter:|38.80 mm / 1.53 inches|

|Width:|20.00 mm / 0.79 inches|
|Gap Width:|3.45 mm / 0.14 inches|
|Weight:|51.8 grams|
|Bearing Size:|Size A Bearing|

12 Likes

Amazing looking yo-yos

6 Likes

I really want to see a photo of it in the palm of someone hand.

3 Likes

I kinda wish this one would’ve been a mini instead of a micro. I love the idea of playing mini gamer somewhere in the 42-45mm range. I think a slightly bigger diameter would make this a grand slam.

4 Likes

That’s a tight gap too, even with thin string I would think it be snaggy so I wonder how unresponsive it is,also need some free Lego caps with that lol.

1 Like

Yeah it’s crazy cuz after the duccling came out I was super excited at the thought of a mini gamer. I hope they do a slightly bigger one that would be awesome. I want it to be playable plus there really isn’t any mini slim lines in the 42-47mm range yet so it would’ve filled that hole nicely. I still might pick this one up

2 Likes

ORiginal Gamer for reference, since I"ve got large hands.

6 Likes

Perhaps next year we go somewhere in between? Bigger would enable us to go aluminum, so that’s a plus.

3 Likes

Clean bearing it’s fully unresponsive, as long as you are using “normal” string or our rain city thin string. Only catch is binds are going to require less string than you are used to, so that’ll take a minute of adjusting.

4 Likes

Oh wow that picture is exactly what I’ve been wanting to see. It looks much bigger there than I imagined it is. Thanks for that. And thanks for the response. When I have the extra cash I will definitely be picking one of these up to go in my “mini” case. But yeah I’m all for that idea of going slightly bigger! I think a lot of people would really be into that. A proper mini in the mid 40’s(mm) is needed I think. For example I think the last (good) slim mini sized Yoyo I can think of is the executive. And. That’s one of my all time favorites. A gamer in that size range would kill it. I’m still excited to pick up this one up and definitely will, hopefully there still some rainbow left by the end of next week.

2 Likes

I’m glad it helped! Fingers crossed you snag a rainbow. If YYE sells out send me a PM.

how does it play?

I love this thing. It takes a lot of accuracy, but it’s very long spinning and much more stable than I would have imagined. The string it came with is a very thin specialized string, and perfect for this yo yo. Where do I find more string for this?

4 Likes

I second this string request. I have a normal Gamer that’s super snaggy and could use some thin string.

Kitty Slim works good on those slimmer gap designs

1 Like

It is their oh canada string. Unfortunately they are sold out.

3 Likes

I just ordered some thin Slackies and thin youorecreation string. Both work well.

2 Likes

Good news, they are back in stock! We got an order a month ago and forgot to update the site, have done so now. I’m going to offer them to Andre and see if he’ll stock them here as well.

5 Likes

I’m glad you like it so much!

3 Likes

Yoyoexpert has ordered some of the thin string, expect it at the end of the month!

5 Likes