MK1YoYos x YoYoExpert MAY GIVEAWAY!

Upload to YouTube - and post it here! :slight_smile:

Before uploading there is a section on where you can tag us along with MK1YoYos and Jckpth!

Posting here/YouTube and Instagram will give you 2 entryā€™s! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I still havenā€™t landed this myself. Congrats to all the successful trick-learners so far!

7 Likes

I think Iā€™ve landed it a couple times, but Iā€™m not sure because the string is all bunched up around the yoyo axle. Any advice for getting the string wraps to spread out?

1 Like

This is my struggle as well, I can hit it pretty consistently but it never comes out clean, my suspicion is that it has to do with like the angle you throw the string under the yoyo

You can use your fingers to spread them out after the hitting the trick to see if you hit it.
I believe if you look at how the dismount works and are able to dismount in the same way you should be fine!
Its definitely hard to get it to look pretty!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Iā€™m still lost just getting the rejection consistent myself, Iā€™ve gotten it a fair number of times but I canā€™t recreate more than maybe once every 50 or so attempts

4 Likes

Hereā€™s my entry for the giveaway, the last element is super hard to land.

9 Likes

I was stuck on the rejection part too but Iā€™m getting more consistent at that now that Iā€™ve started swinging the yoyo forward slightly while pulling back on that string segment with my thumb. That helped me at least still havenā€™t landed this though.

3 Likes

Wow! Your Tower looks amazing! - I am still struggling like most people with the strings getting eaten up in the process! LOL

6 Likes

I was finally able to figure out what is happening for me, the loop that swings under the yoyo isnā€™t getting all the way around. the yoyo is landing on it, and its so close to the yoyo that its really hard to spread out the strings. I was finally able to figure out how to introduce some spacing, pulled the correct string segment out from under the yoyo and move it to the front of the string formation and immediately got the tower.

Any advice for getting the string to swing all the way under? Seems like I probably need to hop a bit slower, and maybe bend my knees to give it further to fall?

1 Like

Hello guys this is my entry for this great contest!
Other than the trick I added in the second part of the video a little combo where I use it as element for fun, this was a great fun contest and a great trick, hope you like it and good luck everyone! :yo-yo:

Also on Instagram: https://instagram.com/waltz.romantic

6 Likes

I was tagged to this thread. I guess we posting this here?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr__NTJJDhq/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

There a tut for this? And a giveaway? Huhā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m no expert yoyoist, but hereā€™s some tips that I figured out while trying to learn this.

1. The string proportions ultimately make this trick work. The rejection slack has to be big enough to be able to throw the non-throwhand (nth) slack through. The nth slack needs to be small enough to pass through the rejection slack, but big enough to pass under the entire yoyo (both cups, inner and outer). Itā€™s basically just trial and error working these proportions out based on your string length. So keep changing how close to your nth you double on and observe what happens.

2. To help with the rejection, pull the string toward you perpendicular to the yoyo and extend your throwhand thumb as much as possible. While doing that, move your hands slightly closer together. Again with trial and error youā€™ll work out how much of each you need.

3. This tip works with both the previous two. I found it easier to not hesitate after the rejection. As soon as the rejection happens and the slack begins to swings to your nth side, you want to lift the whole mount up and throw the nth slack under the yoyo. By that point the th slack is probably below the yoyo, still moving to your nth side, and will be large enough to get the nth slack through and round the yoyo. To help with this, when you bring your hands together to help with the rejection, position your nth above the yoyo, so that you can throw the slack directly downward and then your hand is moving the right direction to catch the rejection slack.

4. Final tip is making both slacks as wide as possible. The rejection slack can be made bigger by grabbing the string directly from your th finger with your th middle, ring and pink. I found it best to do this after the kamikaze whip, before the double on, rather than from the start, like some other tricks. To make the nth slack bigger, you can pinch the string slightly with your middle finger (or thumb maybe) as you lift the whole mount up to throw it under. This way the loop doesnā€™t come off the top of your index finger due to inertia as you lift the entire mount up. The slack will then also then get wider as your nth stops to throw the slack and the yoyo keeps moving in the air.

(Edited) Bonus tip:
To help with getting the rejection slack to swing all the way to your non_throwhand. After the string rejects from the yoyo, turn your throwhand palm up, but keep the middle, ring and pinky grip (pistol grip?) on the yoyo string like I suggested in the previous tip. This will help to exaggerate the motion of the slack and give it more momentum to swing to your non-throwhand side. I only realised I was doing this when I watched my slo-mo back.

I have a slo-mo at the end of my video ^, screen cap it to your device and scrub through it slowly frame by frame and watch for the tips Iā€™ve mentioned. (Btw this is how I deconstruct tricks I see on Instagram). Ultimately, this isnā€™t an easy trick, so donā€™t get discouraged and keep at it! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll land it eventually :+1:

Hope these tips help and I look forward to seeing more people land this trick!! Good luck everybody!

5 Likes

Wow! - Great explanation and tips! :pray:

• ā€œThe rejection slack can be made bigger by grabbing the string directly with your Throw-Hand middle, ring and pinky fingersā€

I feel like this is a hidden gem in learning tricks and gets lost by most yo-yoers because it is assumed that people would do this, but at the same time lotā€™s of people who get into yo-yoing donā€™t understand until you actually do this hehe

Thanks for the in-depth dissection of this beautiful amazing trick! :slight_smile:

I am finally getting closer myself! - Hit it twice in a row with the Tower fully forming! :raised_hands:

Will post when I get some free time :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks and youā€™re welcome! :+1:

I agree, the middle, ring and pinky grab needs its own name as a concept and because, as you say, it often gets missed out in explanations. Pistol grab or something, curling those fingers only makes a finger gun or grabbing the grip of a pistol, pew pew :gun: Iā€™m terrible at naming things :man_facepalming::sweat_smile:

This is why, when Iā€™m learning a trick, I donā€™t just listen to the explanation given, but I study the movements of each hand, including the individual fingers. Iā€™m very analytical. More often than not, the other fingers are doing stuff that arenā€™t mentioned and can help with the trick. Iā€™m pretty good at deconstructing tricks even without tutorials and if you follow my Instagram you may have seen that Iā€™m constantly copying tricks that others post. Mainly because I donā€™t have the imagination to think up my own tricks, but also because I love the challenge of figuring things out, breaking a complex looking thing down into easier to digest pieces.

Anywho, going slightly off-topic here, apologies :pray:

Looking forward to seeing yourā€™s and others entries!

1 Like

Wooo!!! I hit the trick!!! Hereā€™s my video

7 Likes

This trick is insane :joy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsMA83mOB74/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

4 Likes

Eyy, more people landing it!! Nice work everyone :fire:

Btw, I added one more bonus tip to the list of tips I posted above. I only realised I was doing it when I watched my slo-mo back, but people might not do it naturally so itā€™s worth a mention. Check them tips out if youā€™re still struggling :+1:

2 Likes

Finally got a clip even if itā€™s sloppy. Sorry for terrible quality, hopefully the trick is visible enough.

5 Likes