Mk1 Yoyos!

@Roy_Dodge recorded a nice review of the Exia. Give it a watch!

6 Likes

Max recorded another video: 3xia

3 Likes

Yoyojoe recorded a nice review of the Exia. Give it a watch!

8 Likes

A quick tutorial from undermount:

5 Likes

Hey @MarkD,
Have any New projects on the go? Where can I be updated regarding your developments?
And do you have a ETA of Exia restock at YYE store? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve ordered a 2nd run of Exias, so we’ll probably see them in early 2021.

There are 3 prototypes in various stages of testing/design/waiting for manufacturing, the one that will be released first is an organic:

It’s 62 grams. There’s a bit of discussion about it in the CAD/Prototyping thread, and while I’m really happy with how it came out, it needs a 2nd round of prototypes to get it perfect. First time for Mk1 - but it’s also something that I can afford to wait a bit on given how much momentum the Exia has.

Anyhow, the vibe on this is to do regens and make cool dinging sounds. the aesthetics include big round rims, schmoove grooves, and a cup that is like the Diffraction steps but pushed out like a fresnel lens.

21 Likes

Craziness! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

This has me excited!

2 Likes

I picked out my favorite recent tricks from my team to show off:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJekpoShL5Q/

Quick preview of one of them:

12 Likes

I will refer to this trick as the “Game of Thrones” because of how great the beginning and middle was.

5 Likes

Mk1 Contact

A light organic monometal, in 6061

Approximately:
62.0 grams
56.9 mm diameter
45.0 mm width

Available late February.

Photos of this well-loved Contact provided by Mk1 team member Mr. Ding.

15 Likes

Raw contact halves.

The hub design was based on the Diffraction’s hub, with concentric steps/rings, but pressed into rounded shapes, similar to fresnel/lighthouse lens.

This allows it to take a longer axle (10mm) while reducing center-weight, which was important for this design because it was intended to be 62g or less.

18 Likes

Absolutely awesome. Looking forward to this one.

4 Likes

Is it weird that the comparison to a lighthouse lens makes me want to try it even more?

I definitely am keeping a lookout for this, a MK1 organic sounds amazing.

4 Likes

Nope!

the lighthouse “hark” gif

3 Likes

I actually just learned about that whole lense at a lighthouse tour me and my fiancée took on a coastal road trip so I think that’s super dope too haha.

2 Likes

Any chance of getting a raw one, or are they all to be blasted?

1 Like

There’s a small number that will stay raw, more than previous yoyos I’ve made. Still weighing coolness factor vs. durability/longevity of the bearing post.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKkDccxhdpA/

Weight: 62.6 g
Width: 45.3 mm
Diameter: 56.9 mm
6061 Aluminum

Trying to get an end-of-February release on this one.

$45 for solids, $50 for fades.

I had to do my favorite colorway, of course.

21 Likes

Looks so great @MarkD! I’m so intrigued how that convex center hub will feel on a fingerspin!!!

2 Likes