Mk1 Yoyos!

@MarkD @Glenacius_K, I’ve been enjoying playing with my RBC today. I know that Glen has decided to take a break from making yo-yos aaaaaand this might be off brand for Kyle (@Chainsawctopus), buuuut have you guys considered making an aluminum KNack as a follow up to the RBC? I know that you prototyped an open cup harbinger that didn’t end up going further, but I think that a hollow KNack would be pretty neat and popular.
My other unsolicited suggestions include making it a bit larger than the RBC, trying for a weight around 52-54g perhaps, and also maybe including a MR85-sized bearing blank for true fixed axle play (there, that might tickle Kyle’s fancy!) - I’d actually also be interested in a bearing blank for the RBC!
Anywho, hope you guys are having a nice weekend!

6 Likes

RBC. Red. Black. Clear. What a lineup…. That feels intentional?

2 Likes

I really dont need a second second (sold my first second lol), but damn it that black is soooo tempting

2 Likes

@MarkD , from reading the description, it sounds like the blast on the black RBC is extra nice. Any details on what ya’ll did different with that one?

5 Likes

Lol, is it a low key Unknown edition??? :thinking:

3 Likes

I didn’t ask for a special blast, it it’s more matte than the rest, less shiny, and feels really cool.

12 Likes

That sounds cool.

2 Likes

Some production photos.

By production I mean of course that I was having fun stacking them between testing/packaging.

25 Likes

Honeycomb hideout.

4 Likes

Count the number of RBCs in the last picture and it totals to an… interesting number.

2 Likes

I heard these are releasing tomorrow (here at YoyoExpert)!

18 Likes

I heard something similar…

13 Likes

What is the obsession with placing yoyos on hard, scratchy surfaces that could very easily damage the finish? I mean, they’re cool photos, but it doesn’t seem worth the risk to me.

3 Likes

The risk captured your attention, didn’t it?

6 Likes

Like, here’s my new powder coated yoyo sitting on gritty concrete. Ain’t she purdy?

4 Likes

I’m sure steps were taken and some sort of unseen barrier exists between the yoyo and scratchy thing. As long as mine is freshly unscathed I’m fine with it.

3 Likes

The photos I took are using yoyos that won’t be for sale.

The brick is my front porch so it’s very convenient!

7 Likes

I wasn’t referring to your photo, just stuff we’ve all seen time to time.

2 Likes

65 red RBCs on the wall, 65 red RBCs? take one down, pass it around…

1 Like

One of my favorite people to chat with online (about yoyos) decided to join the Mk1 team after I asked him if he wanted to join.

You’ve probably heard of national yoyo master Nathan Crissey.

https://mk1yoyos.com/2022/08/nathan-crissey-joins-mk1-yoyos/

His favorite Mk1 model is the Exia. He already had a bunch when he joined, and I sent him more, of course! He’s actually been on the team for a bit, but planning out an announcement sometimes takes a while, and getting a video together when you have 2 kids is tricky.

Please enjoy these pre-recorded entertainment videos!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcGw2DJJMES/

15 Likes