Mirror Polished DMII

What did I say? If I’m thinking the right one, I am thinking it was a compliment.

Regarding have I seen a DM2? I should hope so. It’s my preferred yoyo of choice these days.

I started scrolling down and saw this one and was “wow, what’s that”… thanks for not making me guess.

Another good polishing job.

Just a matter of personal preference, I’m a fan of silver and platinum. I’m not a big gold fan. Not saying it’s bad, just not my metal of choice. In that spirit, polished steel and aluminum looks great to my eye. I recently got a H-Spin Corlis Prototype. All nice and shiny and flawless. In my limited experience, it plays as good as it looks to me, and I like how it looks and like how it plays.

Right now I have an opportunity to get a rather hard to get yoyo, and I’m contemplating soda blasted vs polished vs. raw. Raw isn’t the way I want to go, but I’m thinking soda blasted for a softer look

It’s been a while since my Dark Magic II was new. I recall taking it out of the mailing box and the plastic product box, giving it a good look over and then throwing it down. It’s still in great shape, it’s only 3 months of being not only in use, but my “go-to” throw, even now as I have what are considered better yoyos.

I think both polish jobs look great. If that’s better than new, well, hey, then even better. I could look at stuff like that all day! I have to go get some flowable silicone, and now you make me want to go and pick up some metal polish while I’m out!

@Studio42 You should.

Looks for mirror polish job*
sees a polish job but not “mirror” like I have seen in the past.*
hm.

I agree. It’s not exactly a mirror polish, but still looks good.

I think it has something to do with the surface treatment YYJ did to the metal rims.