Mcbride Rollercoaster on wood?

I tried this today. Didn’t even come close. Im wondering if anyone else can do it.

i’ve done it, but not in a while. i know boyd has done it, and i think i’ve had conversations with steve brown and jeff coons about having done it.

it’s a super-hard trick on wood, but only because it’s long, y’know? like it’s more about having a crazy throw and keeping things straight, kind of like white buddha. i’m much more interested in the tricks that challenge spin time and response at the same time.

now i’ll have to hit that thing again to remember it.

boink.

it was waaaaaaay harder and felt more impressive on a no jive than on a tmbr pro. regardless, i could smell the axle burning on this throw. i love and hate that smell.

you don’t have to be fast; just throw it hard, but be ‘delicate’ on the transitions. i forgot that trick is a total axle-scorcher.

i think pure143 by paul escolar is my favorite overall test of fixed axle ability. it’s a long trick, but it has some CRITICAL sections with a tough bucket drop. black hops, rancid milk, and red clover are also up there. i’d love to see someone hit breath someday.

edit: also, YAY for having to go to work on a saturday!!!

I haven’t learned Pure 143 yet but it’s on my list. I came tantalizingly close to hitting Kamikaze on my Baldwin. Even getting close was pretty satisfying.

Thanks for showing us it can be done :slight_smile:

P.S. So, when is that fixed axle tutorial series you’ve super secretly been working on going to be available?

Haven’t tried it. Landed skin the gerbil though. Yaaaaay

That’s impressive :slight_smile:

That one takes some delicacy.

They’ve been on yoyonews.com since December (along with Drew and Miggy)?
I think what we are doing with the Fixed Friday column is as close as we can come to the kind of fixed axle instruction we feel is useful. If I was to make a specific trick tutorial, it would almost universally just amount to saying "practice this. A LOT.)

I saw the one on snap starts. I didn’t realize it was a regular column. Very cool. Bookmarked.

I was joking about a tutorial series, by the way. Mostly :wink: