MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

Here’s a pic of what someone else tried

1 Like

You talking about Dye Sublimation?

Nope, literally something like this How to dye a yoyo. You dye the yoyo after the powdercoat.

I saw that vid a while ago. It would be nice to have another type of method in my arsenal.

Final Sleipnir pics…

Sleipnir motion pics…

What on Earth is happening in the second pic…

looks like vibe!

If that’s an effect from the powdercoat…WOW…

It does have some vibe. I have caught this a few times in some pics before. The DiBase, the Boss one’s with splash or multi colors especially around the rim area produce this.

When spinning the Sleipnir looks nothing like the pics of it spinning. It’s almost a gold and multicolor in the hub. When I look through my Droid to take the pic it shows the colors almost like a strobe effect. Very weird.

Stripped the ILYY Void of it’s glow powder and did a new powder called “Solar Rain”.
Has a deep chrome black to it and is over a polished finish…

1 Like

niceeeeeee ;D

1 Like

TP Positron in a high gloss white…

1 Like

C3 DiBase redo. Has a polished finish and in the gap has translucent red and solar rain pie slice graphics that alternate. Super gloss clear with gold flake was applied over top…

1 Like

DiBase in motion…

Wow…you do some amazing work. That looks so cool!

1 Like

Eneme (Americana) at least thats what I’m calling it.

Has a white gloss gap and mirror red hubs. Whole thing got a gloss clear with blue flake to make the red, white and blue thing happen.

Pics don’t do the blue flake justice as it’s a light coat of it and it really makes a nice subtle presentation.

1 Like

Arctic Circle in a translucent red…

For another outstanding member of YYE…

1 Like

Arctic Circle in motion…

Doesn’t look like it’s even moving…

1 Like

The AC looks phenomenal! I wonder which lucky yo-yoer will be throwing that soon :wink: