Markmont. FullyFreestyle (oct ‘19)

Had a ton of fun chopping this session down from 40 mins to 10 mins. This is my first full length clip video of my own content since the OneDrop Terrarian video (shoutout to Paul Dang) so def excited to finally drop this. Thanks for the continued support and hope y’all enjoy :pray:t6:

22 Likes

Dude this was awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks a ton man I appreciate that.

1 Like

Very nice! Love watching your posts and stories on instagram

2 Likes

Markmont for president. Definitely one of my main influences right now.

3 Likes

Same here - the way he just flows and freestyles everything he does is so awesome. I hope I have even a fraction of this dude’s talent one day.

3 Likes

Bleep! You’re so BLEEPING smooth! Very fluid. I really like the instrumentals.

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Chuckles* Lol thanks man :joy:

2 Likes

:pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6:

3 Likes

One of my favorite runs from the whole session. @ohbliv is ‘nasty’ on the beats and generally has a good amount of track elements to juggle between while still keeping an open/spacious arrangement. That space plus the more laid back tempo really let me get ‘into’ the pocket (that drum pattern is just vicious). When you lean hard into what feels good while your jamming, combined with prioritizing the music as your ‘guide’, the results can def surprise you - even when it’s just using simple elements. What music you use can have a drastic impact on your style and element choices, so def make sure to try a variety of dif jams to see the full range of your own style :+1:t6:

6 Likes

So dope. Great video!

1 Like

This run select I recall paying attention to the hihat and snare. They created a nice pseudo pacing stutter that contrasted nicely against the more upbeat kick roll. It’s always very interesting to see just how ‘much’ can change in your combo structuring when you focus on different parts of your music (@ohbliv in the beats). In many instances, especially in public performances, how you syncopate to your music can be more important than the actual combo itself. Get into the GUTS of your music and see what happens :joy::+1:t6:

3 Likes

Fully Freestyle. This is really very cool. Thank you for the video and explanations.

5 Likes

Mmuucchhh thanks good sir

2 Likes