Making Titanium throws. update 1/25/16

Long story short, I wanted to make throws a year ago but work and college got in the way. I have time and saved up some cash to make a Ti throw.

I making 1 soon and modeling it after a DRAUPNIR.
If it comes out to be any good, would any1 be interested? I would make a few in limited supply or have them custom ordered. I dont know yet.

My goal is to make Ti throws and model them after discontinued throws that many missed out and were unable to buy.

I’ll send some updates on this post.

It would probably be much more gratifying to create something of your own. By all means, incorporate some aspects from your favorites throws, but try to avoid a straight up copy.

First, thank you for your reply and input. I made this post to get feedback and to see if the comunity would agree or disagree with what I’m about to do.

That is what I intend to do. I will be taking throws that I enjoyed and will be using them as models. I will be doing my own spin on them, adding and subtracting weight where it is needed. But im looking for input over what I want. My goal is to make throws that the origionals were lacking. I myself loved the DRAUPNIR but I wanted it to be heavier and slightly slimmer and pocket friendly. That is why im doing this.

The beauty of titanium is that its heavy and you can rely isolate the weight. Slim walls and heavy rims, this can be done with ease. But as soon as I take a throw and convert it fro Al to Ti, its gonna be a new throw in itself. Alot of extra weight will need to be cut off in order to have the finish product.

the v shape lends itself nicely to titanium. I just wish more people would make organic throws…

I myself enjoy organic throws alot.

Consider it done.

I second the motion for organic. I hate to be “that guy”, but, are we talking about the normal expected cost for Titanium, or, since you are dealing with smaller numbers, will these be “crazy expensive”?

Crazy expensive, no. I want to try for the normal costing price range. But if shop time, metal, and rendering get in the way… I might need to add to that to compensate for the services.

I have not had that much time yet. Im still waiting for work to slow down.

I should be receiving numbers this or next month.

Also, I’m a huge fan of ILYY, so ya, organics. The only downside is that it would take longer to turn and cnc one compared to a v shaped throw. Prices might be high. I might do small batch on the side if anyone wants one and does not mind paying more for less.

It seems like I wont be making any Ti throws anytime soon. I not gonna bring my work life into this but seeing how thing are going, I fear for me job. Work slowed down and I need to start saving now that my days are numbered.

With the money that I have right now, Im gonna send in a throw to my machinist and see if he can render it in CAD and turn it but still have a exact copy. If he can do that and have it play the same with no vibe, I might just give it a shot. Its gonna still be some time before I start turning titanium.

sry man that sucks but at least you have other company’s

Thank you for your support.