Luftverk Fulvia

I’m not worried about anything. I just say what I think, based on what I know

…Actually it’s more like you say what you know based on what you think.

And what you say indicates that what you think is incorrect simply because you don’t ’ know’ Jeffrey Pang.

The man is a : genius, a mastercraftsman, a perfectionist and a heck of a nice guy.

He works hard at what he does.

If he wants to charge enough for his Yoyos to feel like it’s actually worth his trouble; than that is just the way it is.

People that don’t like the Prices simply just need to move along until they find their $comfort$ zone.

7 Likes

#CheckMyStat$

Play impressions by who owns it?
I’m curious to know, why I think that the road taken by Jeffrey Pang with this model (mainly with full titanium) is interesting but very risky and not quite useful.
The fact that titanium allows it to be worked up to very thin layers (less than 5/10 of a millimeter) does not necessarily mean that this possibility writing an advantage or helpful in optimizing the weight distribution, but sicumente decreases the breaking strength / deformation in the event of accidental impact of the object, even with a material that has a high hardness … for this reason, I would understand if you perceive real benefits in terms of performance.

I would consider your concerns reasonable; based on how thin a few of the dimensions are.

But I have both the full Ti and the bi-Ti.

And the build quality is Beautiful.

The bi- metal is so precisely made; when you don’t look too close; they look like twins😳

Excellent workmanship.

Just holding the Yoyos; before even throwing them; you can tell something good is on the string.

Of course I have yet to slam either into anything, so I am not going to draw any conclusions on what might happen.

1 Like

thanks for your response and for the considerations that you shared (I hope you never have to slam your Fulvia!;))
my consideration arises from the fact that I’m starting the work with the lathe (manual) on titanium parts that I hope will form the cups of my yoyo, and for example, measuring with a micrometer the walls of some models that do not necessarily noticed an excessive shift of weight and extreme thinness of the walls results in better performance … such as ti-walker has no thickness below 1.2 mm and is a yoyo divine … the sovereign has walls of approximately 0.7 mm the weight concentrated mainly on the rim (and partly in the center of gravity) but played in enough way (mediocre considering the material it is made)

I think that it is important that the material be thin in the walls of the yo-yo. There can be some in the middle, around the bearing; but the walls need to be as thin as possible.

The other thing I have noticed is the way that the weight is pushed to the rims. Both the Ti-Walker and the Ti Dream use the same sort of rim-design. The weight rolls-over into a lip. Both are beast.

Another awesome Ti: the Rebira from JT, has the weight pushed into an inverted wedge shape that resembles a YYR aluminum throw; but in miniature. The Rebira also utilizes very thin inner-walls with outstanding results.

Another titanium that feels like it uses thinner walls and thicker rims is the Vosun TiMe, a yoyo I don’t hear much about in the yoyo community. The walls get gradually thicker in steps and has a significantly thicker rim. You can feel its stability when spinning too, very similar to the Ti Dream’s stability. The TiMe is a joy to play, wouldn’t mind eventually snagging (or even just trying) a Fulvia (monometal) and see how it compares.

Enough with the titanium yoyos already. Where’s my titanium string top? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, do any ti yoyos have an IGR?

Ti-Walker does

2 Likes

Aurora did as well

Ti Dream has a small lip too

here are a few images of the Fulvia Bi-Ti… The full Ti Fulvia is being used as a yoyo stand.

The Standard Fulvia is certaining no actual yoyo stand… It is Amazing.

But the Bi-Ti Fulvia is not only a Beast… You need to keep your caps lock on when you spell out BEAST.

It is from a Level Beyond the top of your ladder.

Notice the very fine and precise edge of the rim fitting to the Ti Core. The fit is second to none I have ever seen in any modification.

When you look at the two Fulvias together; you can barely tell them apart unless you are ‘really staring at them’. From the side you can see the rim is slightly thicker on the full Ti.

The transition at the inner edge of the stainless to the Ti body on the Bi is almost imperceptible.

Simply Outstanding Craftsmanship.

I honestly didn’t think the massive rim weight(2/3rds of entire weight)could be contained and stable and functional to a higher level. But when Jeffrey told me they were ready; I knew they had to be good.

I didn’t get both because I am rich… I am not, lol. Let’s just say I have discretionary funds.

But I knew I would always wonder how the one I didn’t get would play compared to the other.:thinking:

They are both Beautiful machines with different ways to approach happiness.

The Bi Ti has a spin power that you can only appreciate when you throw it down yourself. I have nothing else like it; period.

I cant really say more…

2 Likes

Yea, I can’t even tell them apart, the steel rings appear to be seemless :slight_smile:

thanks for the answers
Also I think the wall thickness must be thin but it does not to the point of compromising the robustness of the yoyo also also think that move totally almost all the weight on the rims can create stability problems … think of the Phenom, a strict yoyo to its diameter but an exemplary stability, and not surprisingly it the weight of the brass rings was not put on the rim but in the intermediate part of the catch-zones
ti-walker has a weight distribution on different rim from the titanium-dream, has a lighter rims and dug into the inside so as to create in IGR and follow the external profile.
Ti-dream instead has a full rim, similar to that of the sovereign, which I think is the Titanium model with greater outward shift of weight.

P.S. The TiMe of Vosun also really like me … an example of a good yoyo at a fair price.

thanks for sharing.
remarkable precision machining and especially assembly, very complex and delicate given the reduced thickness (precision assembly so high I only saw on my laser)

• jealous *
    I wish I would have had the chance to score one of these. A rare miss.

Maybe some sort of communication other than Facebook next time? I do not watch Facebook for anything; so this was totally missed by me.

I got a BTM-R, and it’s surreal. The spin times don’t correlate with the weight, and all around it’s just what Doc said, a BEAST.

A few yo-yos come to mind when trying to compare how it feels to something else: the Draupnir, Leo Sniper MKII, and Space Cowboy. The BTM-R takes my favorite aspects of how those throws feel and combines them into something special.

It has the juggernaut-ish spin time and stability that the Space Cowboy provides, the balance and precision of the Draupnir, and the ”what the heck, this thing shouldn’t spin this long for how light it is” feeling of the Leo.

Overall, it’s outstanding, and it goes above and beyond those three in my book. That’s not to say those others aren’t worthwhile, as they’re all fantastic throws that I’d recommend to anybody. The BTM-R is just hanging its arse over the ragged edge, as James May would say. Jeff didn’t just push the envelope on this one, he defined the outer edge of it.

1 Like

You guys are killing me!

Anyone have one for sale? … :’(