Looking to start a Maryland yoyo club.

so i guess Deca and I are meeting 4:30 at Middletown high school.Any other takers? :slight_smile:

Are we still gonna meet on the Mall? what day?

We have a tie on the doodle poll so Iā€™ve consolidated it to the two Saturday options (12th or the 19th). I was hoping that if we leave the poll open a little longer that we might get a couple more people to resolve the tie.

If you havenā€™t filled out the poll yet and youā€™re interested in coming, hop on over and fill it out (http://www.doodle.com/v9e2bixw5vg9qav2)

Noon on the National Mall on either the 12th or 19th. If we havenā€™t resolved the tie by Monday Iā€™ll just flip a coin.

finally found the MD thread ā€¦ hey guysā€¦ so yeah as sam said ā€¦ 12th or 19th ā€¦ at the national mall , i was also suggesting a back up place ā€¦ the pentagon city mall (fashion Centre) ā€¦ in case of bad weather ā€¦ too cold, rain ā€¦ or snow (hopefully not, unless its enough to snowboard lol), plus they have a food court lol

anyways just wanted to say sup to everyone!

Ok, I left the poll open for the weekend and it looks like Saturday November 12th is the winner. The plan is still to meet on the National Mall at Noon. The only thing that would change that is if the weatherā€™s looking bad and we decide to move to an indoor location. If there are any updates I will continue to post in both the VA and MD threads so that hopefully everyone is aware of them. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or shoot me a message.

Very sorry to those that voted on the doodle and couldnā€™t make it on that day; hopefully we can make this a more regular event so that youā€™ll get a chance next time.

I feel like iā€™ll be the worst thereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

We are all at different levelsā€¦ Who cares who is better, This isnā€™t a meet to compete lol ā€¦ Itā€™s a meet to chill and throw ā€¦ Learn from each otherā€¦ You could probably show me some stuffā€¦

Where on the mall will it be?

Did you mean Baltimore? The meets in D.C. Wasnā€™t sure if you were responding to my post or just letting us know that you are in Baltimore. Anyways, great to see another MD yoyoer.

Hey guys. Iā€™ve posted occasionally in the md throwers thread on the nation. Iā€™m closer to Baltimore (Timonium/Towson to be exact).

its going to be the 12th of novemberā€¦ around 12pm ā€¦ at the national mall ā€¦ we can meet at the monument? ā€¦ or somewhere else ā€¦

I was thinking weā€™d meet just outside of the Smithsonian metro stop and then move to an open grass plot from there

Sounds like that would be good.

so are you guys catching the metro ? I am driving ā€¦ so parking is going to suck for meā€¦ ill have to look up the intersection of that metro stop ā€¦ i am guessing its by the museum ā€¦ then again they do have a lot of parking thereā€¦ so maybe ill be in luck.

got another yoyoer who might come.

Ready for this Saturday??? DC meet!!!

Really looking forward to Saturday with everybody. Hereā€™s a last reminder that weā€™ll be meeting at Noon just outside of the Smithsonian Metro stop.

If youā€™re concerned about being at the right location and want to have a way of contacting me just in case, PM me and I will give you my phone #. Also Iā€™ll be checking the forums on my phone if you canā€™t find where we are post there and Iā€™ll reply as quick as possible.

Judging by the poll everybody voted on we should hopefully have a pretty decent turn out. Feel free to keep inviting people too, the more the merrier.

olney md guy heir im all for it

hyped! really wanna get new yoyos by trading. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I live in Silver Spring and work in Sterling, VA. Anyone close by? Saturdays no good for me.