Looking for Nylon string that lasts longer than 3 days of intense play

I’ve been using Kitty Fat Nylon for two months now - I love it when it’s fresh out the pack
but after 20 minutes of throwing it just doesn’t hold tension very well…it also doesn’t last very long before it loses its bounce completely. (about 2-3 days of throwing for me)
100% Polyester still burns my fingers after these few weeks so I’d rather stick to Nylon or a blend.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Nylon string that:

1. Holds tension well
  2. Isn’t too thick (I’m worried too thick of a string will cause the yoyo to snag)
  3. Reasonable longevity (at least compared to Kitty)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

haven’t been using it very long but I really like sun shower string by raincity skills

1 Like

I suggest editing the title to “looking for a nylon string that lasts 2-3 days of throwing” or something like that. Just so more interested people can find and respond to it.

Sorry, Internet Dad™ here. I can’t help it. I like it when people can find things.

6 Likes

thanks pops !

3 Likes

OK, in my opinion your issue is that you’re using a hybrid nylon/poly. @smileypants707 mentioned to me that the onedrop long cuts had this problem where the poly would wear out faster than the nylon, causing the whole string to behave… oddly. After experimenting with them myself, I tend to agree.

I think if you want to favor durability, you need to go 100% nylon. Blends aren’t going to cut it, they’ll all suffer from the partial wear-out problem.

Have you tried other 100% nylon strings?

2 Likes

Had no idea Kitty nylon is in fact not 100% Nylon?!?!

What brands sell 100% Nylon? Any on YYE?

Airetic slims might be what you’re looking for. They release drop-style so you’ll have to wait a bit before their next patch.

7 Likes

Thank you!!! Looks like they’re having a sale soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my bad I keep getting Kitty Nylon 1.5 mixed up.

If you’re using Kitty Nylon (not the 1.5) then you’re good.

2 Likes

I’m using Kitty Nylon, it doesn’t hold tension very well…I have to neutralize it waaay more often than I’d like - but if thats the only caveat then I guess I’ll deal with it until I can try those Airetic strings that were mentioned.

1 Like

don’t think it is nylon oops

2 Likes

I have been a fan of Zipline for awhile now, but only got into their nylon/poly Skyline blend a few months ago; but wow what a difference! I’m still using the same string on 2 of my favorite throws a month and a half later.

7 Likes

There’s different types of nylon. What you want is wooly nylon, it’s softer bouncier and lasts longer than the cheap kitty nylon. It’s quite expensive though so most makers are small run boutique companies that typically come and go. Look into airetic strings. They’re the main company making these types of strings as of right now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input! I’m gonna be waiting for the next Airetic drop patiently…a little over a week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kitty string is like McDonalds. There’s 1000 better options, but it is fine when you need something. cough Ammo cough Plutonium *cough cough *

2 Likes

cough cough zipline cough

3 Likes

Man I must of gotten you sick from here :joy:

Wow, that Airetic drop sold-out within 5 minutes - glad I was able to snag some packs! Can’t wait to try them out! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Damn I totally forgot again…

1 Like

Luckily only the regular was sold out! I was aiming for the slim anyway!

3 Likes