Life sucks right now :(

Wow, pretty unfortunate to read what happened. From now on, always trust that gut feeling you get when something just doesn’t seem right.

I would agree that the contractual agreement between you and the movers is what’s called a “civil matter,” not a criminal matter. Once you’re involved in a contract with someone, oral or written, it would be up to a civil court to decide the outcome. I’m curious if you signed a contract and have your receipts for the payments you made. If you have your documentation, you shouldn’t hesitate to file something in court. Also, you should confirm that your belongings are really being held at a local storage facility. Ask for the name of the facility, and communicate with them in writing, telling them not to discard or auction your property until the civil matter is resolved. Put these companies on notice in writing not to discard or auction your belongings, and tell them that you are not relinquishing ownership of your property, just because you disagree with the alleged outstanding balance to be paid to the movers. Send the letters by certified mail, return receipt requested, and that should buy you some time to file in court.

If there are fraudulent practices by the mover, contact the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General’s Office in the state where the movers are located. I hope it works out eventually.

1 Like

Thanks TotalArtist! you never cease to amaze me with your endless expertise lol but unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this point, he has signed the auction papers, which is well within his “legal” rights. so basically, everything we own is going to be auctioned next week. And I swear to god I don’t want to hear “go bid and get youor stuff back at auction” from ANYONE! We don’t have barely enough money to support our family, let alone to bid on things we already own :frowning:

don’t worry we can fix you up yoyoYakuza! Lest let us know what your missing Yoyo wise or related and we can help ya out!

Right now, I am still a minor as far as legal things go, so I don’t know if there is much I can do, but I would like to wish you good luck in finding a way to get your stuff back.

I may have a suggestion though. Is there anyway whatsoever that you can find a way to force them into a situation where they have to give you your stuff back or do something illegal? There has to be at least one rule they are breaking.

How can they keep asking money without them giving you your stuff and that be legal?

Anyways, good luck. If there is anything I can do, PM me.

Um… Forget what I said…
But hey, maybe you could make a list of what you lost and see if anyone can help replace em

well, i had alot, i just don’t want to seem selfish y’know?

It sounds like that advice is too little too late though. I feel bad that you lost the photo albums and sentimental family stuff…nevermind the yo-yos and cards. But, if these people are within their legal rights and owed money, I guess they have to get the money to keep business going. I bet it’s just business and not personal. If you had a friend, family member, or even the bank to get a loan, that would have been ideal. What a shame about the pet rat though. :frowning: I wish you the best getting on your feet and finding a great job in the new state. At least you get a fresh start.

lol if you actually think that.

I don’t think that, I know that, because the OP just said it. There is nothing to laugh out loud about, in this entire thread.