LF really beat up or trashed metal yo-yos

Hey everyone. I’m looking for some old beaten up b grade or trashed throws. I don’t care how bad the vibe is. As long as the axel and bearing is there I’ll take it. I’m working on messing around with making mods for aluminum yo-yos in class so I want to use trash throws. Thanks!

3 Likes

bump

1 Like

are you wanting to buy them or trade?

Just buy them. Im working on making some mods for metal yoyos

1 Like

What kinda mods?

1 Like

My one welding instructor and I have been experimenting adding rim weight on aluminum yoyos through TIG welding. We did it with an old DV888 I had and it worked well but we want to try something else again.

3 Likes

What metal are you using for the rings? I hate welding aluminum in general but especially to other metals. Aluminum has that layer of aluminum oxide coating it that has a significantly higher melting point than aluminum plus having to angle the arc/regulate the power for the other metal as well. I dont have the patience lol give me mild steel any day

1 Like

It’s an aluminum filler wire from TIG we use to give it more weight. Its quite the challenge but its fun to mess around trying to make new things.

That’s pretty cool! The most I mess with aluminum wise these days is super janky mig welding with a spool gun where aesthetics are not important.

Haha I understand man. Spook guns are just used to lay welds out quickly for aluminum. Tig aluminum is hard but if you can pull it off it’s awesome

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.