Why?

3 Likes

why not?

8 Likes

Something specific I’m after…

8 Likes

Btw it’s gonna take quite a bit more money for a citizen

1 Like

I don’t necessarily agree with that. Maybe $500-550 for mint in box. I think $450 is perfectly reasonable.

8 Likes

I paid exactly 450$ for a mint citizen last year.

7 Likes

Paid 4 for mine but it took a year in a half to find one mint so that’s why I wouldn’t sell mine for that

1 Like

I asked simply out of curiosity about his motivation. $450 seems reasonable to me for such a great yoyo.

I happen to own a Citizen. #21 , matter of fact. In excellent condition as a matter of fact. And I have a known hobby of matching up people with yoyos they seek, matter of fact(like I have actually done with you, matter of fact).

…Knowing this, as you do. Why would you ‘question me’ about my interest in his quest’?

:thinking:

7 Likes

$450 definitely sounds reasonable

5 Likes

I get it. I would pay a high dollar for a yoyo I really want. Availability and finding someone who even wants to sell one for cash is another story. Good luck on your search

9 Likes

Hook my boy up Doc. This is important to him

5 Likes

I would so love and appreciate having that in my collection

2 Likes

Why not take three days before you decide what you think I should have said/asked, in my original post?

…I have had this little hobby for many years now.

I hook people up with yoyos they are seriously looking for.

I call it ‘Grail Mail’.

People are on missions to procure one yo-yo or another. If they don’t get much response, and I happen to have one or more of a specific model. I will reach out to understand their motivation.

If I like their story, I will let them know I may be able to complete their task.

There are a number of active forum members that can attest to my hooking them up.

This is not breaking news. I have been doing this for years.

I have a Citizen in excellent condition. I have the undamaged box. I have had it since they were originally released. It is a Superb titanium yo-yo.

I have hundreds of yoyos. None came with the tricks included. I enjoy most all of my yoyos for one reason or another. But removing the emotion from the equation. How many yoyos do ‘I’ really need, to remain happy?

Do I honestly Need hundreds of yoyos? No I don’t.

I don’t display yoyos. Most of them are in large plastic totes, down in the Shop. They are not alphabetically aligned. They are just boxed up in the totes. Sometimes I open up a tote and just start going through the yoyos and randomly throwing this one or that. Then I put em back and move on to something else to do.

Ownership of specific yoyos does not define me. I am me, regardless of whether I own a grip of yoyos or not.

Owning a Citizen is fun. Playing the yo-yo is fun. Knowing that the yo-yo was designed and built by my very excellent friends from One Drop makes it even better.

But I love to spread out the fun. Once in a while, I get a yo-yo I have been searching for. And I know the great feeling it brings.

I don’t just send yoyos to people without first trying to get a read on their motive.

Kinda like giving up a pet. You look for a good home. I don’t like selling to resellers. I like selling/trading to people that feel compelled to ‘own’ a certain yo-yo. And aren’t having much luck in getting it.

There is nothing patronizing about my intent.

You can try and spin it any way you want to.

If you have ever dealt with me in a buy/sell/or trade situation. It is very doubtful you would insinuate anything foul.

Your misinterpreting my intentions will most likely be better understood down the line… if you happen to really need something on your want list. And you get a message from me(because I have one).

I can be just as happy without a Citizen. If I know somebody else is thrilled to get one.

That is just the way I Roll.

Everybody doesn’t have to like it.

Just the folks that are looking for ‘something’.

…No doubt you will feel my very factual explanation is ‘also’ patronizing.

My apology…

17 Likes

How many of these were made by the way? Is that ok if I ask that here lol. But I imagine this one is awfully rare

3 Likes

I think 117 or something

2 Likes

I have every throw I’ve had since I was 8. It’s something I’ve shared with my dad since I was a kid. Especially on road trips. I also collected yo-yos from every state or country I visited. All of them are special to me

3 Likes

I can attest to this and appreciate the perspective here. Doc has helped me 3 times now with “Grail Mail”…even delivered himself with courtesy and candor.

Seems this thread is getting heavy McFly…

7 Likes

Definitely enjoyed our talk today Mo and hearing all your stories. You are without a doubt solid and someone I had fun following as a kid during high school. That #21 would definitely become my black jack for sure

8 Likes

Bump

3 Likes