LF: go pro or something similar with head mount

Does anyone have any gopros or similar that your willing to sell?

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, there a bunch on Amazon that are actually very good. I use a Dragon Touch 4k action cam. Peep the Instagram for the POV headmount shots. The image stabilization is not great, but it’s perfect for low impact action like jojoing in the living room.

3 Likes

I have this semi-knock off called a “geekpro”. Comes with a bunch of attachments and newer models have a wrist controller so you can activate the camera from a good position, like for a yoyo video.

1 Like

How is the image quality, especially indoors? I tried one of the knockoff brands from Amazon, and the image quality wasn’t great, even with good lighting. Also, using a black light to hi-light my string just made the whole image bluish. The same black-light works great with my iPhone camera, but that’s a pain to use.

2 Likes

This was the last one I did with it. It’s pretty good, and this was rendered at 1080p through ActionDirector on my phone, then uploaded to Instagram, which will also lower quality. I have not tried blacklight with it, since I don’t have a good one at present. Returns with Amazon are super easy too, so worse case is you waste a little time if you end up not liking it.

1 Like

Indeed. That’s what I did with the one I didn’t like.

Here’s what the black light did:

Compared to:

Same black light in the exact same position, same lighting, etc.

1 Like

That looks super fun. I really want to try some 0a sometime. Right now I’m limited to like 5 minutes a day though, hopefully I can get my back fixed up sooner rather than later.

Edit: and that video looked pretty decent quality. Definitely will consider that camera.

Dang that is night and day difference! I did try a different, even cheaper one before landing on this. It’s the Dragon Touch Vision 3 Pro. There is a non-pro version, but it is only about 15 bucks less, and the cheap tech YouTubers rate them at half quality.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.