LF - A lonely Aotus

Greetings…

So do you have a lonely or orphaned Aotus? One whom might be nothing more than a space occupier on a shelf…or an item not so important to your collection…as it is a collector of dust. When you reach into your throw case…might it wish you’d picked it …instead of the yoyo to its right or left.

…or might you just need some cash for that next yoyo acquisition to your own collection.

Of course I speak of the MonkeyFinger - Aotus.

and I would like to add one to my collection:

1st choice color way request is: Saimiri…then maybe Forgotten Nebula, 3rd preference would be Spidey Sense…lastly would be Monkey Merinque…or maybe you have a more interesting colorway that I have not come across.

Mint - Smooth is also desired.

Sooo…if you have an Aotus that you think might need a new home…please advise and what you’d be asking for it.

I have paypal and will add on the 3 % upcharge fee for G & S.

Thanks much.

This is probably my favourite LF post I’ve seen. I’m sure this forum will answer the call but just in case you can always try the MFD Discord. They have an MFD BST that is actually really good.

1 Like

Check out https://mfdyoyo.com/ and join the zoo and go to the bottom of the page and theres a link to the discord. Thats your best chance of getting any monkey you would want. Its a very welcoming community and the team that runs it and helps out are all excellent people.
Have a great day.

1 Like

Hi RaRa…

Wow…MonkeyFingeR Rachel, huh. Are you actually from MonkeyFingeR? That’d be pretty cool if my LF request got viewed by the makers of the very same yoyo I was asking about.

Regardless…thanks for your reply and info. Yah…I wanted to make my LF request interesting so that maybe it wouldnt fade off into oblivion of old requests so quickly.

Have a great day.

I am part of the MFD team :slight_smile: I do not have any hand in making the throws though haha that’s all the genius of MonkeyfingeR Ray! I float around the forums and thought I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have good tast thats for sure. Aotus is probably THE best mono in my humble opinion :smiley: not to big, not to heavy…weight distribution is just absolutely perfect…ofourse it spins until you get bored of timing it lmao! Good catch zone, every color/finish is just stupid good. I just dont see how it could get better. Despite its size and at forst glance kinda bulky rims, its actually quite nimble and pretty damn fast! I can push that thing faster and longer than any throw i have played. I mean maybe im biased, but i think most would agree.

1 Like

@RaRa

Hiya

Hey paper pushers are important too so its still very cool that peeps from MonkeyFinger got ahold
of my LF…and liked it.

:smiley: emoji times 10

1 Like

@Doctor_Filthy

Hiya !

You are correct …every single Utube review i watched gave the Aotus major props. I think finally one guy said that " if you dont have one…you gotta and get one. You Wont Regret it."

Of course…that was a couple years ago and there are none left on the retail market, so here I am …in search of a lonely Aotus.

Thanks for your reply. It was cool to hear from someone whos had real experience with the Aotus.

• Cheers
1 Like

@Jdah611

Hiya.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

U have a great day 2

Bump - er sticker.

Have you joined the zoo yet?

Naaah. Im not sure I want to take it that far yet.

Ok, but thats your best bet of getting what you want. Its just a email list and discord group, you dont have to be active in it but you do have to be a member to shop on the bst. Most likely anything that you find on this one as far as Mfd is going to be over priced and thats not definite but most likely. I would suggest to not rely on this post but also search all of the bst pages you can find and plan on paying between 150-250 for an Aotus $150 being low because they are sought and usually last minutes after listed depending on the price.

1 Like

Im im on Your side to be perfectly clear but imo if You wont go that far You wont get even close :wink: Since You posted it here there were at least 3 Aotuses Sold on MFD BST discord channel . Just saying .

2 Likes

Yep. Sold one just the other day on discord and bkught one too!

I have a full posted review of the Aotus. It’s the best mono metal MFD makes next to the Conspiracy in my opinion. If you have played a Sasquatch it’s similar to that in style in some ways but I absolutely love it. Way faster.

The MFD Zoo Discord is probably your only hope tbh.

1 Like

Greetings @Jdah611, @NewmanThrowsMFD, @Wojtek63 and @Doctor_Filthy

Humble apologies for the late get back to ya. " Family Business " has kept me away.

I super - Super appreciate the replies and the info and guidance on how to obtain the item of my quest…aka…to get an Aotus…join the Zoo…especially the info from first three on my @ list here.

TBH…my hang up on joining the Zoo…I would be doing it just to get an Aotus. And then…if and when I did…I wouldnt need it anymore…Id move on to my next target throw…which is not a MFD. So IDK if joining for that reason is a common thing or not.

But I also was thinking that maybe one of you might wanna be an Aotus " shopper " for me over at the Zoo…but thats prolly not done…even though Id be willing to pay some kinda shopper mark up.

Last item on my not running out and joining the zoo…and based on the experience of @Jdah611 …that $ 200.00 bucks he mentioned …or $ 175.00 bucks…or… even $160.00 bucks is outta my ballpark.

So…there it is…but…with all the appreciated response on this LF post…I thought I should let ya all know where Im at.

Thanks and have a great day.

• Cheers
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.