Leven-A (L-A) Debut (A New Style)

How about the LAvator?

Yeah sure! Two fingers felt weird at first for me too, and after switching back to normal 1A it felt weird lol.

Thanks! forgot to post that.

I’m.gonna clean up my trick and see where it goes!

Oh lord idea
Innovation Video battle.
using any style except 1a-5a

That’s a cool idea, I’m not up for battling though, other people might be.
I’m still learning new things with Leven. People seem to never experiment with other styles because people just want to compete and win. I think that Pre Washed(Washing Machine) is amazing I also like 1AD, Go West and Loaf. That’s why I decided to create my own style because I ran out of experiments in 1A.

When i get better in this offspring of L-A
Then, maybe ill start a Battle thread!

Love it. I saw a video of something very similar before, but it was never fully explored. Awesome.

Awesome can’t wait to see this offspring, I plan to release a 1-2minute video once I’ve created some nice looking stuff with this style. Also if anyone knows which string is the thinnest of all let me know I was looking at Kitty slim but I’m not for sure if it’s thinner than YYE White Poly or not.

That’s really cool, I’m hoping to explore as much as I can glad you like it!

Id say, Pm Bigyoyo and ask him to make you custom super slim string!
Thats what i plan on doing.
This is going to be a lot of FUN!

What should i call my offspring? haha

Neat.

2 Likes

Id LOVE to see you do this!

Thanks I’ll ask.
Call it whatever you want, be creative :slight_smile:
I’m thinking of just calling it Leven or changing it to 11a.

Thanks!

I’m trying to think of a way to describe how he would blow everyone’s mind with it, probably the same way he did with Moebius.

It’d rock our socks for sure huh? haha!

I’m sure it would :slight_smile:

New Leven-A Tutorial, bird feeder is a front-style repeater, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0UOZXZm2WM

Tutorials on the way:
Double String Axle Flop (Two String Gyroscopic Flop)
Scotch Hops (Two String Eli Hops)
3 String Boing-E-Boing (This one is difficult)

Honest critism:

First of all, I commend you for your creativity. It takes thinking outside the box in order to develop new things, even if things are obscure at first. Many people were negative about Moebius at me when I first began but through the years its developed.

With that said, Its a neat style. Two fingered hold plus the knot that allows to be moved. However there is a issue with this style and that is the visibility of it. Because you have doubled up string as well as the length of it, it allows it to look outright ugly. This is not meant to be insulting only truth. This could somehow be fixed with shorter string and perhaps the use of a thinner string as well. Maybe two different string colors.

I had ran into that issue when playing Dualstring due to the length, but when I shorted the strings it made the tricks a little more visible for people. Thus making it more appealing.

Those who tread into the unknown are those that are left behind by others. Those others are fools because they want to stay the supposed same. Take your own path in yoyoing and evolve what you can.

I’m not sure I could get into this style, but you keep working on it and do your own thing.
Goodluck.

~Z

Thanks for posting that, any criticism is welcome, I know you’re just trying to help and I appreciate it! In some cases you’re right it does look outright ugly with the way the un-used string creates a lot of unnecessary slack, you’re probably right with the string length. I plan to get thinner string and I’ll cut it shorter to see if it makes the style more appealing to others, again thanks!

ZAMMY!!!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHHH!!!

Just cut my string.
All the difference in the world…

POV video demonstration?
What do you think?:slight_smile:

Yeah I cut my strings to about 2.5 feet so much better looking.

You can do it if you want! Also for anyone willing to help, I’m thinking of changing the name so any suggestions go ahead and suggest them, I might just keep it Leven and remove the A but if anyone has a better name just tell me.

Fixed :smiley:

Also, SS-A?
Stanley Switcher- A

i think YES