Lets talk about yoyo materials

What would be the very best material to make a yoyo out of regardless of price or what are other unusual materials you could make a yoyo out of yoyos have brass rims there are sterling silver yoyos titanium even a titanium yoyo with tungsten rims what ideas do you guys have about materials that could be cool or beneficial to yoyo design say carbon fiber or brass or copper unusual materials?

1 Like

I don’t think there is a best material to make a yoyo out of, each material has its own strength and weaknesses, but aluminium seems to be the most popular due to its light weight, decent strength, and is easy to machine.

A Ti yoyo with tungsten rims has been done by Old School Throws. It’s called the Medallion and it’s an undersized version of the Resto.

Another weird yoyo material that has been proposed (unsuccessful, I’ve never seen the actual yoyo in use and I think people who pre-ordered never got their yoyos) is an inner ring bimetal yoyo with crystal quartz as the rings. It’s called the Crux by Karma Return Tops. Only the monometal version called the Mono Crux was ever produced.

4 Likes

Solid gold

6 Likes

I would say the best material to make a yo-yo out of, would be Pepperoni Pizza with Everlasting Gobstopper rims…

It prolly wouldn’t play for beans……. But you would never be far from food.

6 Likes

A porcelain H-style with hardened steel weight rings would be interesting… super heavy, would retain spin for a ling time, and I bet grinds would be really good.
However, drop it, and it’s new yoyo time.

You could do a thin walled carbon fiber, but you would have to use some extra heavy metals for core weight and rim weights, maybe lead?

I’ve always wanted to see a cast iron yoyo… just because why not. :rofl:

Idk… all of these ideas suck, but the previous post discussed Pizza yoyos, so I figured I would try and come up with a more practical answer. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Hmmm. There is no right answer truly, but I can throw some whacky ideas around. How about a titanium with PTFE rings around the rim for ultimate finger grind surface.

2 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Just remember if you end up with a porcelain yoyo somehow, be careful where you leave it. Because if your pet squirrel finds it he may think it’s a toilet and then you have another problem on your hands…

2 Likes

So true! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Plastic?Bimetal?Aluminium?Titanium?

To quote the great Mr. B!ST.

“There’s not the best material for yoyo, but the best use of that kind of material.”

3 Likes

Lets talk about yoyo materials

There is a thread about this

(fixed)