Lets Learn Horizontal Together!

I recently just started learning horizontal! @anon14765792 said it would be cool to start a thread where the community could try to learn this together and help each other, so I’m starting one. Let’s start by posting where we are currently at in this new skill.

Here’s my latest recorded horizontal trick. Recently learned skin the gerbil but haven’t recorded it yet.

4 Likes

Nice work! I will post some clips here too but not today.

2 Likes

This makes me think I’ll resurrect the @horizontal_throwers Instagram…

3 Likes

Do ittttttttt

1 Like

here are all my 1A horizontal tricks (it’s not much)
I’m ready to learn new stuff! I don’t really care about 1A but 1A horizontal is something that interests me and maybe we can learn some tricks together in this thread

4 Likes

@Theycallmecotton I just noticed in your “I’m Finally Getting Comfortable Doing Some Basic Horizontal Tricks!” video that you used your thumb to enter an undermount. If you can try to do it over your middlefinger.

2 Likes

I will try. I learned to do it with thumb from a video that @nightshadow made on learning horizontal

2 Likes

You smooth with it

1 Like

he taught the trick like this :laughing:? I’m surprised

thanks

Yes he makes great tips on horizontal and this is how he does it.

1 Like

what the heck
Okay that’s interesting. Before I analyze too much into this I just wait for him to explain this technique himself. When you play normally on a vertical plane you’d go into in an undermount over your middle finger and I don’t see why you’d do it differently when playing horizontal, that’s why I’m surprised. (I think he did it because he landed the braintwister type of motion)
I don’t know, just do what feels comfortable to you @Theycallmecotton.

1 Like

He teaches a trick vertical and talks about learning how to do this bind like this and then says once you master the trick practice it horizontal. That small tip of using thumb helped meland horizontal bind for the first time

1 Like

I just landed this myself, it works well, I take everything back

2 Likes

Haha yeah I was having trouble with horizontal bind… did that technique and landed it first try

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a little a-typical for sure. The reason why I recommend it is that it makes for a “one motion” or non stop transition from the trapeze to the undermount, essentially just bouncing off the trapeze, straight into the under mount with no pause at all.

This motion can certainly be done using the index and middle fingers (you definitely pull it off in your videos :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:), but I found it a little harder when I was first learning.

Eventually, I started using my thumb, and it fell into place in a matter of hours for me.

Of course, this is all personal preference, but it’s just what I’ve found to work well for me.

2 Likes

Hey, do any of you want to do a zoom or IG live or something?

I’ve got 30 min to an hour free now.

Which is pretty unusual because of my course load this semester lol.

@Theycallmecotton @anon14765792 ?

Just a thought

1 Like

okay i have time

Let’s see if Mr. Cotton wants on as well. I know he’s working on his horizontal…

1 Like

a videochat with you two would be super fun

Yeah dude! Let’s get it.

Do you want to use Zoom?