Let’s talk 3D printing

neat. my printer still probably can’t print with that but something to shoot for when getting a new printer and would be really cool in a yoyo. hard to break fdm yoyo sounds awesome.

1 Like

i made an unresponsive plastic!
it playes wayy better than i expected, but i am yet to get the response right

9 Likes

Weird question, but would any of you be interested in a Voxelab Aquila X2? I have an Aquila that has been upgraded with the Micro Swiss NG and a garolite (g10) build plate. Plus tons of extra parts and custom firmware. It’s an awesome printer and prints super well I just have so many at the moment I’m trying to downsize a bit.

I figured I would ask here before putting it up for sale locally and on discord, or on the official BST threads. May also consider trades if there’s any interest. Willing to shoot more photos if and give an entire breakdown of what extras are included if there’s any interest.

10 Likes

I’ve 3d printed a yoyo, it’s entirely functional

3 Likes

Anyone else like to shoot the moon?

12 Likes

A friend 3d printed me these! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

These look awesome! Did you put the bearings in mid print?

1 Like

Also can I see the guts?

Been refining the cw design i made earlier this year (grey is v2 and blue is v1) grey weighs close to 11g and blue was around 9.4

4 Likes

Two fresh prints. The near is the new second face on the Cardigan. The far is a Hobby Horse. I may have made the gap on the Hobby Horse a little too tight…

Edit: and the Hobby Horse is punishingly heavy at 66g :hot_face:

10 Likes

Cardigan looks very cool. Reminds me of the paintings they do on barns.

4 Likes

i am obsessed with trying to make a 3d printed offstring right now. after a fee iterations though, the material between the axel screw and the bearing is super fragile, meaning it can snap off and dislodge itself.

otherwise its pretty good

4 Likes

I’m made a couple 4As years back. Can post some pics later if you want.

2 Likes

i would greatly apprecieate this!

This one is my fav and is also played frequently. After a lot of experiments this thing can take a good amount of beating also.

9 Likes

very interesting, how does the bearing seat look? does it use standard pads and bearings?

1 Like

This one uses cabal guts and a slim bearing which works great

2 Likes

I really like that blue color!

1 Like

I finished a commission that was eating all my print cycles and then beginning of school and I’m finally back at it.

I have these two glued up tonight.

6 Likes