Let’s talk 3D printing

SpectraPLA, anyone? :laughing:

10 Likes

Neptune 4 pro

pro tip: dont buy

4 Likes

Bambu A1, Ender 3 S1, and Ender 3 Max. I like all of them but the Bambu machine is on a whole other level.

4 Likes

im thinking about getting an A1 from bambu, it seems like the best in its price range. does this sound like a good buy, or should i look into something else? i dont really want to tinker too much, the A1 sounds pretty perfect for me. one thing i was wondering though is it able to print things off a usb drive or SD card or something?

I have an A1 mini and it’s been very plug and play, you print over the network.

1 Like

A1 is amazing. You can use SD card or over network.

3 Likes

A1 is the best for $400-500 range

1 Like

Finally had a chance to take my A1 into Micro Center to have the recalled bed replaced. Put the 120$ voucher towards a new A1 mini. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Made some new Stem yoyos this weekend inspired by W1ld Adrenaline/Noradrenaline.

Both outside dimensions are the same. However I tried some different things with the inside. The white one has thick rings around the rims printed with 100% infill and everything else is 15% infill. The black one is just straight 95% infill. The white one is probably the best stem yoyo I have printed as far as performance. Im really happy with how the colors came out on these also. Its very simple but classy in my opinion.

If anyone wants the free stl just DM me. I keep meaning to do this but at some point im just going to dump every design I have made on printables so it’s easy to download. Discourse won’t let me send STLs so I have to send through google if you DM me.

Dia: 60mm
Width: 55mm
Weight: Black 64g White 66g

10 Likes

STL? pls

kinda reminds me of the arazu 4a yoyo

1 Like

Looks cool. I thought the Adrenaline was 55mm dia x 50 wide, though (per Gingie’s review).

It is. I didn’t copy exactly. I decided to go bigger.
Although I may make a smaller version at some point.

1 Like

Oh, I interpreted…

as meaning the same as the Adrenaline/Nor., when clearly you were comparing the two models you just made :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I actually thought about that after I posted and read it again. :joy:

1 Like

I 3d printed some spin caps for the Snapdragon. Made some as a freebie for a Superstar I sold also. I tried to make them as thin as possible.

Snapdragon ones only weigh 2g each. But the Superstar was like 3.5g each because they had to be taller to fit in the cup. But I think I could shave off a gram on the Superstar.

I added a small hole that could be used to remove them. An allen wrench that’s used to remove an axle will fit. Or you can use a can of duster with the small tube and pop them off.

Anyone wants the stl just let me know and ill send it over.

7 Likes

Looking cool. I would add an o ring. The adding and removing is easier. Used that technic when I played around with custom caps and Hubstacks.
Also helps since you do not need to be so super precise when it comes to radius and fitting.

2 Likes

Ohh that’s cool @arthurfoley would love that.

If I get a chance i would love to print these.

Just found out a friend has a 3D Printer.

Anyone have some STL’s to share?

1 Like

Pretty cool video on new 3D Filaments

2 Likes