Legendary 5a Players?

This just came to mind a couple days ago. A while back when Duncan Toys posted on their instagram of the new Freehand, it came with a long caption describing the new yoyo and details on its release. What caught my eye was this quote “The first run is limited to 200 units, never to be made again. One hundred and Blue and one hundred Green; all-white dice with no pips. The Blue will be given to Team Duncan, friends and family, and legendary 5A players. The Green will be sold.”

I’m curious as to who these legendary 5a players are. The first people that come to mind are Steve Brown (obvi), Tyler Severance, Miguel Correa, and Jake Elliot. Who else do you think is on this list?

1 Like

Takeshi Matsuura

3 Likes

Maya Nakamura, Shingo Terada, Jon Rob, Jake Bullock, Rafael Matsunaga.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly!

I never got one. Maybe I’m not legendary enough.

5 Likes

Who are you?

@Steve Brown Hey, you’re the one who invented Counterweight Play, Brown! I can consider you legendary if I want to! ;D

Duncan’s salty that you’re not Steve the Duncan Toy boy anymore

I think I fell under friends and family since I got one and don’t think I’m a 5A legend.

For that category I’d add in Makoto Numagami and Andrew Lin

Takeshi Matsurra

I wish we could tag Augie somehow and see ifhe can tell us who is on this list

We received the 200 pieces and realized the vast majority wobbled like the Leaning Tower of Pisa on top an earthquake fault, so we didn’t ship most of them. Even hand-tuning didn’t help, so we didn’t want to let something less than stellar out into the wild. They’re sitting in my office waiting for a new life as a paperweight or collectible.

Unkle Steve is just being crotchety. I had tacos at his house on Tuesday… He knows he can ask for one if he wants one. 8)

In the future, sending out a batch of limited product to some 5A players is definitely still a plan. I just want to make sure to do it the right way, with the right yoyo.

Flying out to oversee the molding on the Freehand production run come this Saturday. Stay tuned yall!

1 Like

I’m SO salty.

Steve has upgraded to yoyo MAN

2 Likes

I have one of the blue cap ones, and I am definately not a 5a legend ;D I got one at pnwr in a trade because the guy had two of them. Mine vibes, but can be tuned with a bit of patience. I love it! What I really appreciate about this throw is the gap. Not too wide, and not too thin. Super tight binds. It’s a great casual throw, but can go fast when you need it to. Hoping for some clear ones someday.

They will pay.

Shoots Duncan an email