Learning Unresponsive Immediately?

Hey, thanks guys for all of your thoughts.
So starting off unresponsive will not hinder my balance or throw because of not doing responsive?
What I think I’m getting is that responsive is a little harder than the other to master.
Also, thanks for all the “Do your own thing” comments. I think that I am going to stick to unresponsive.

On a side note, I heard that you can turn any yo-yo responsive by manipulating the string near the core of the yo-yo. Is there any such thing? Whenever I accidentally mess up and the string gets tangled, it becomes responsive until I take the little loop/knot thing out. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks for all of the replies :slight_smile:

no it will not hinder your balance it’s just best to kinda work your way up the ladder.
I started responsive then I wanted to try unresponsive but I realized I couldn’t start because I still didn’t even know how to do the flying trapeze and double or nothing. So I worked my way up to unresponsive.
And responsive being harder then unresponsive? You got that backwards pal

and the knot is because the string is tangled or something and gets wrapped around the bearing…
and you can make and unresponsive yo come back up if you put the string on the twist and put the string again. ?.

I started about a year ago unresponsive right away.

Responsive is definitely harder than unresponsive. It’s not backwards at all. You g’head and try hitting your Kwyjibo on responsive. It can be done (and was invented on responsive as I recall) but it takes more concentration for good string alignment and better management of your string tension. (not the “twisting” kind of string tension… I mean the string segments being taut at the right times)

Just another thing to add about the “getting the fundamentals” thing… unresponsive yoyos will give you their own variety of feedback. Bad throws wobble and vibe like a beast… you want smooth, you still have to throw with good alignment.

well I guess I didn’t think that clearly

Alright, thanks for the tips.

@yoyo_yizzo,

I’m sorry but I don’t quite understand what you mean when you say
“and you can make and unresponsive yo come back up if you put the string on the twist and put the string again. ?.”

ok
I seen a vid on the this somewhere
unthread the string and put it on the yo but when you put it on,
twist as in turn the string and wrap around the yo again. ?

Personally, I pretty much started on unresponsive. However, I had previous experience with duncan butterflies and imperials a few years previously, so I had a decent throw and could sleep well, so im not sure if that counts as starting unresponsive. I feel like I definitely benefited from jumping right into unresponsive
My friend though, started out completely unresponsive ie: never really threw a yoyo before and its been about a month and he cant get his MYY n9 to sleep for more than 10 seconds or bind at all.
So my point in this extremely scattered paragraph is this:
if you have even a minor background in yoyos then I say go for unresponsive. it certainly jump-started my learning, however if you’re completely new to the hobby then id say get a responsive yoyojam classic with an upgrade kit or a dark magic II for the best experience.

Alright, I’ll try to look it up. If my yo-yo is somehow able to become responsive, then I could learn both more easily. :slight_smile: Thanks

I think he means double looping and triple looping your yoyo. Honestly I don’t recommend this. It causes ur yoyo to snag a lot even compared to half-spec bearing yoyos.

Just get a YYJ Classic and enjoy

yess…
double looping is what I seen in a yotricks vid

Just so you know, double looping isn’t going to make the yoyo that responsive. Triple looping does but by that point ur yoyo is snagging and spin times are about as long as a 1080, it’s not good :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, that’s what happens to my yo-yo sometimes. I’ll probably maybe try it once or twice. Thanks for the tip.

yeah well feel sorry for him when he does it…
I only seen the vid I don’t play like that NOOOO Wwwaayyyy

wtcrap didn’t mean to post twice