kendama kraze?

When are they coming to yye??

Well, Iā€™m happy to say that I received my first Kendama in the mail late last night. I ordered a Ozora Kendama.

Iā€™m having a blast. I suck, but it is amazingly fun.

Im going to get one soonā€¦ probably a natty sweets one. YYE said they should be getting them ā€œvery soonā€, but they dont exactly know. They said that last week when I emailed them and i have heard no word of them coming in. I think they are just waiting for them to be sent to themā€¦ not sure though. Iā€™ll probably be getting one from the lovely people at YYE as soon as they get them in.

Also, Iā€™ve seen some CRAZY things done with kendamas. Anyone who says itā€™s not as creative as yoyoing is nuts.

Edit: Alsoā€¦ i feel like people that love fixed axle (me) love kendamaā€¦ I will test this theory when I get mine :wink:

1 Like

Flattening out the curve sounds up my alley. aTack might be the way to go!

throwrw: I love fixed, too. You might be right about that! A friend who throws just doesnā€™t ā€œgetā€ the fixed thing; when he saw kendama he uttered a ā€œyukā€ and made me laugh a bit.

Could i get some advice please! :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know much about it. Iā€™m sure it would be great for getting the basics down and learning to juggle, but eventually youā€™ll probably want to upgrade to a brand specific to kendamas.

If it will play, then itā€™s fine. Just like a yoyo. If the toy itself not stopping you from hitting tricks, play it til it donā€™t play no more.

I think there may be a small correlation between fixed axle love and kendama addiction. Itā€™s like a fixed axle yoyo in one regard, at least: ā€œ(Miss. Miss. Miss. Missā€¦ Hit) Oh yeah! How do you like me now, kendama! I own you! Whoā€™s your daddy? I done told you once, you son of a beech, Iā€™m the best thatā€™s ever been! Whoo! ( Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss.)ā€.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly how it goes! Like I land a combo an then I go crazy, but then the kendamaā€™s like ā€œlolnopeā€ and I donā€™t hit the combo again that day.

The worst thing that happens is when you land an airplane or something like that and the Ken falls off the tama -_-

thatā€¦ and fixed axle is a lot of choppy, stop and go like movementsā€¦ much like kendama

I have an ozora and a tribute that I like. When I first started I bought one of the yomega plastics at a toy storeā€¦ I do not recommend it at all.

Iā€™d made a similar observation in another thread. Itā€™s probably why kendama appeals to fixed axle players, as well. Weā€™re already wired to accept and enjoy brevity in tricks.

Anyone here play a TK16?

Kendamas are very popular among the Parkour crowd too.

Waylon I have a tk16. I saw you over in the bka forum lol

So the yomega wood kendama would be like a modded yomega dash, and a kendamausa would be like a genesis?

I donā€™t think itā€™s accurate at all to compare yoyos to kendamas. Just play it. If you feel like you want one with a better pedigree, then buy one.

JonQ, how do you like your TK16? I hear theyā€™re near indestructible.

Itā€™s pretty good. After at least 10 hours of play itā€™s still brand new. The quality of the ken is great but the tama is real slick. Itā€™s not one of my daily players to be honest.

Iā€™ve noticed that the Tk16 tama is really slick, too. Iā€™ll probably end up getting another model to learn more stuff on.

Im stuck between getting an ozoora and a sweets to learn more balance tricks onā€¦ My current is a kendamaco bamboo but its too light and not painted :confused:

Iā€™ve heard Sweets are really nice, as well as Kendama USA. I just ordered a Kendama USA 2013 Pro Model and it will be here on Thursday or Friday. I just got my first Kendama in a trade in the mail last night(Ozora) and ordered another. All I can say is that Kendama is harder then it looks, it takes major skill!