Just learned bind; What to learn next?

Hello there,
Here’s my first thread here on the forum.

So I landed into the awsome world of yoyoing like 2 weeks ago…
I have learn how to bind the yoyo (I have a shutter and arctic 2)
Now, according to you, what should I learn next?
And if you could give the link to a video of the same, it would be great.

Thanks,

Well, on an unresponsive yoyo, every trick will be easier so try going back to tricks you had trouble with before. Get a solid double or nothing, helps a ton. Buddahs revenge is a good trick to learn, it’s on the yye tutorials

If you go to the learn section of the site there is a nice list of tricks in order from easiest to hardest. Pick one (or a few) and run with it!
Good luck!

Oh man! you beat me too it :smiley:

The YYE Learn section is as good as it gets.

1 Like

yep next step is youtube classes lol ;D

Thank you folks!
I went the way you all suggested: “LEARN” tab on the top left corner :wink:
I started practicing trapeze mount . Mu side throw needs a lot of practicing. I have quite a lot fish tanks in my apartment and I get nervous while throwing the yoyo over my shoulder thinking it might hit a tank.
I will go outside and practice it from today.
Thanks for all your help.

P.S.- The way I bind my yoyo is the simple front mount way that everyone learns first (yoyo comes to your hand from below. But I have seen a few people doing a trick in which they do a bind which make their yoyo to go up and then come in their hand. Can anyone tell me what is it called and how can I learn it?
I have seen Brandon Vu doing it in his videos.
Thanks,
SUmer.

Sumer,

Your yoyo shouldn’t be above your shoulder on a side throw. If it is, you’re doing it wrong and I don’t blame you for the fear of smashing fish tanks. :wink:

That bind is done from a side throw. It’s hard to do it front-style. It’s called a “Sky Bind” and there should be tutorials out there for it. One of my favourites, for sure!

Yea sky bind is a lot of fun but I would work on your basic trapeze mount before attempting sky bind :smiley: Good luck.

There are a few other sites that have increasingly hard lists as well. Yotricks and slusny are two I know of.

Yeah the learning section of here and also learn to throw a breakaway if you have not done that cause the sooner you learn it the better.

Awesome. Seems like I have got some work to do this evening. Haha.
I will work hard on trapeze and then would try to go into sky bind. Practice makes a man perfect :slight_smile:
I really appreciate you all for helping me out here. Thanks a bunch.

Agreed. Plus, a lot of tricks are started from the basic trapeze mount so its a definite ”must learn" next. :slight_smile:

You have an Arctic Circle? D:

Learn Trapeze

Proof that CLYW is over hyped.

Yep…
I don’t even own a CLYW right now…

In another thread I think everyone decided the Summit counts as a Caribou Lodge :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh well I actually traded mine away…
Didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. I mean, I could see why someone would like it, but it just didn’t click for me ya know?

Now I’m CLYW-less, which is perfectly fine by me.

Man, you definitely got a point there… That’s pretty funny lol