iYoYo FiRROX: A High Speed YoYo Review

iYoYo is a well known company to many, but one that I am just now getting around to trying for myself. The company was started by EYYC Champion and German yoyo store owner Dave Geigle. They have been carried in the US by YoYoExpert for close to a year now and, from what I have read in the YYE forums, they have been well received by the community thanks to their competitive price points and fun designs. Honestly, I did not notice the company until they released the stunning TiGER, a titanium collaboration between Geigle’s company and his long time friend Frank Orben’s company, ILYY. After stumbling across that, I began to look into the rest of the company’s products and working on bringing some in for review. I was able to get access to three iYoYo designs and have decided to start it all off with a review of their latest bimetal, the FiRROX.

Click here to continue reading the review.

1 Like

Thanks for the review.

Yet another reason why this yoyo is part of my daily carry…well except that one time I accentally left it behind when I was going to my yoyo club…felt empty without it :slight_smile:

The wide catch zone combined with the ridiculous amount of stability makes this a great throw to learn tricks on as well as just busting out some of your favorites.

Man, I want one of these so bad!

great review as usual.
Thanks.

anyway, why there’s no picture of the bearing seat?

There was a shot of the guts:

I know, but I mean without the bearing.
I know it somewhat insignificant, but I remember when ILYY promote their bearing seat to have deeper groves to keep all sort of dirt away from the bearing.
And because ILYY is mentioned, I just got curious about such things.

Thanks anyway.

kristiwian if you want the file for the bearing seat i know the guy who designed it and am using that seat in my teh kauws.

Thanks, but I’m good with Capital’s Yoyo bearing seat. :wink:
I’m just curious since the bearing grove on my noctu is really deep.

I already search through the internet though, and the bearing groove is kinda deep on the Firrox.
Make me want to try one.

ita a great seat. They bearings slip ff nice and easily and the deep groove is to ensure the bewring sits properly and the string cant slip past the bearing. Its also a great yoyo zeev did an amazing job with it and it plays well.
Its also getting rave reviews from the people who have played it more.

To be honest I have always found talk about how deep the bearing seat is to be rather silly. It isn’t like there is much dirt getting in there anyways and I would think that a deeper seat would allow for more dirt to get trapped between the seat and bearing.

I agree for the most part, I just curious if people still believing that sort of thing.
It still a good marketing campaign though. ;D

I never paid attention to how deep the seat was on my Firrox, I just enjoyed the idea that the bearing can easily be taken off without a tool yet the yoyo remains dead smooth. The bearing doesn’t just fall off but I can remove it with little effort. Very convenient :slight_smile: