It's all marketing

Or ya know, they just like the way that certain 120 dollar yoyo plays.
I know I would never touch a dv888 for competition, but my BVM? yeah probably.
Just saying.

I honestly don’t think there is a big problem with marketing in the yoyo comunity. If you really want to complain, complain about the TCG industry.

Hmm now I’m just thinking here, but isn’t it better to have a huge marketing ploy on a new plastic. I mean New metals are great, but people at the poser level don’t really buy those. Since they’re expensive as can be, but suppose you can get a yoyo that sells to throwers of every level from greatest expert down to buddy jim level skills. Now you got some bucks rolling in. Marketing, not just for tobacco companies anymore.

you definitly have a point… and its good that you brought this to everyones attention… thats why you should never buy on impulse… i actually limit the ammount of money i allow myself to spend on yoyos… among other things as well… a good practice i encourage others to do

OH man, but me wanty now

Buying on impulse isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I actually consider buying on impulse a good thing, a lot of times, just not all.

it’s been approx 5 years I don’t want TV at all anymore

tho I actually work in marketing

it’s not just buying “stuff”
it’s also buying ideas, politicians, things you should like and things you should hate

today, marketing is everywhere and EVERYONE is vulnerable to it. there are manipulation techniques everywhere

to buy = to exist in the society

not only we’re meant to buy, but we’re meant to buy the same stuff over and over again, we buy stuff, it breaks (intentionally most of the time, by design, not too soon so we don’t lose confidence in the brand) then we’re pushed to buy the “new” stuff, think “iphone”

some people are aware of it (but it doesn’t make them any less consumers, just more “aware” consumers) and others, most, are not aware of it and just live their lives as they get told to, by TV most of the time but not only.

Not to soon. Eh somebody needs to stress that point at South Pole Clothing stuff. I finally had to switch the three times through wash, and done thing just wasn’t doing it for me. Anyways good point I have seen that most of the new upbeat phones break right around the 2 year mark. Why your contract just expired, and now the phone company has a newer bigger noose to fit around you. http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh24/ilsevrolijk/paranoid.gif

I know it’s an old thread but I remembered it and this song about sums my idea on the media…