should yoyo companies advertise more?

a few days ago i turned on the tv and the news was on. it was right when they were talking about christmas toys for kids and they showed a bunch of new random toys like remote controlled cars, action figures/barbies, etc. and i didnt even think until later that why couldnt they have put a yoyo in there too? you can get one for less then $10 to learn all the basic tricks and even some beginner tricks. and if they dont like it you only wasted a little bit of money compared to a $50 remote control car that breaks after a year or 2 (all of mine did) or all the action figures that get played with once because they get old so fast. then if they do like it then they get to enjoy yoyo for their whole life not just for part of their childhood like all the other toys you have as a kid. it just seems obvious to me that a yoyo should be included but i would put some of the blame on the companies for not advertising a lot.

so shouldnt yoyo companies advertise more? the only yoyo commercial i can remember is one for a pocket zombie sometime this year and i only saw it like twice (i think it was on nickelodeon). so i know that most people wouldnt want yoyo to be mainstream because of all of the posers who would just be jumping on the band wagon and ruin for the rest of us, but think of all the kids (and even adults too) who would truly love yoyoing and cherish it forever.

so i guess what im trying to say is that i love yoyoing so much that i want everyone in the world to have a chance to play with one if they want to.

any thoughts on this?

A lack of advertisement doesn’t mean that not everyone in the world can enjoy it. All advertising does is hype something up, which in turn makes people want to get one. Now, first off advertising is expensive. So expensive that I can only see big companies like YYF or Duncan to be able to make commercials without putting themselves at a financial risk, also, Places like Wal-Mart and Toys R Us aren’t stocking much more than the lower end Duncan’s so when someone’s kid see a Velocity on TV then goto the store to pick one up, there wouldn’t be any. Sure I agree I would like to see more advertising but I also understand why there isn’t much. I think the beginning of the boom is coming if not here and all of the so called posers are going to be here anyhow, thats life oh well. :smiley: Just my $0.02.