It is 2021 and One Drop

I thought it would play too heavy and boring cause it has huge rims, but the reduced weight (below 65g) makes it very fun and fast to play.

1 Like

I do have a kink for thick walled heavy yo-yos

2 Likes

I’m pretty new so take this i to consideration… how different can those really play from one another? there’s like 5 styles that are all basically the same shape. kuntosh qnd free solo and rev 2 etc…

While they look similar in shape they really all feel and play different . Rev 2 and kuntosh share a lot of similarities but overall I would say they are pretty different In Terms of feel and weight distribution

2 Likes

This

1 Like

Agree the burnside is top shelf

2 Likes

I only bought 2 different ones, but I really like the Intro.

I feel like this is sort of like saying a Top Fuel dragster will always outperform a Formula One car. Doesn’t it depend on what you’re trying to perform? I wonder what the breakdown is on success in competition? Do bi-metals totally dominate? I know for a fact they don’t totally dominate having fun and enjoying your yoyo.

4 Likes

It’s difficult to quantify. Definitely not always the most fun, and certainly not a requirement to win a contest. I feel like you can’t really use “all things being equal” in this comparison when referring to outside forces because if you were somehow able to create a yoyo robot that was able to throw perfectly straight tricks every time, any modern yoyo with a CT bearing would probably be the same. But it’s true that a highly rim-weighted yoyo will be less adversely affected by poor inputs from non-robot human throwers

1 Like

as a self identifying robot I take great offense to this. robots can make mistakes too

2 Likes

Face it bro you don’t make mistakes

oh no of course I dont. I wasn’t referring to myself :robot:

Which I believe doesn’t necessarily equate to “better performance”. It’s a trade off.

1 Like

I think I get where you’re coming from, but I think I tend to separate “feel” or how much I enjoy it from what I consider performance or maybe “contest performance” would be a better way to put it

1 Like

I do to, but even narrowing it down to contest performance I think there are trade offs. The proof is in the pudding. If bi-metals were just flat out superior, they would dominate.

Are you able to design more power, and stability into a bi-metal design? Absolutely, but it comes at the cost of control, which is another aspect of performance. For many, that trade off means better overall performance, but for others is doesn’t.

I don’t know, maybe I’m being more philosophical than scientific. However, there are many successful competitors who prefer the “performance” of mono-metals…

2 Likes

Case in point:

The current world champion used the Wide Angle Shutter which one of the least powerful and least stable “competition” yo-yos in my collection. It is very controllable and balanced in play though.

4 Likes