Is wood still good in 2018?

Easily, huh? Man, that’s good to know. They felt pretty good at the time, too… ah well. Live & learn.

Anyway, I think if this is the way you see it, we may not “understand” the same thing at all (which - don’t get me wrong - is absolutely ok).

Awhile back I posted this regarding why I continue to spend most of my time and energy throwing fixed axle. Not reposting this under the assumption that it should be how anyone else perceives it or to proselytize anyone into the church of wood. Everybody has their own reasons for throwing what they do.

Back to OP, I don’t think the wood has changed - it’s as good as it ever was. So this thread is mostly just about peoples’ perceptions about throwing wood yo-yo’s. I’ve done that when it felt like literally two other guys were really into it, and now, when every day a few people are posting weird, sweet tricks to the Fixed Axle Collective. I don’t get too invested in how popular it is, but I think it’s so connected to yo-yoing’s ROOTS that it will always be a meaningful place to return to.

3 Likes