Is there any difference between the YYF 888 and the 888x?

Also how much is each worth?

2007 888 – the original, made in USA, most people would say the best playing of the bunch, magical feel to it, will cook your breakfast if you talk to it nice, came in both a large bearing version and small bearing with wide response pads, there’s also a highwall version and some versions with killer lazer etching

2008 888 – Made from 7075 Aluminum in the USA, a little heavier, a fantastic player but in my opinion a touch of the 2007 magic is gone – just a touch though, I use one of these as my daily carry

2009 – I’ve never played one of these, I think they were a touch heavier, and went back to the 6061 Aluminum, and more magic is gone.

2010 888x --The magic has completely disappeared. Made in China. high wall, and heavier still–$30 cheaper though. From what I understand YYF has sold more of these than any other model. It’s a good model for someone’s first metal since its got more heft to it, but there’s no comparison to the Orginal. Buy one new and watch the value drop 50% if you ever want to resell it.

2011 – The Magic is back! Made in USA. A more organic profile with more rounded cups, and it lost some weight. The Jason Lee version is My favorite 888 of all time, and one of my favorite yoyos of all time

My Estimated value for Brand New Mint condition:

2007 – $100 – $120, some rarer models will go much higher

2008 – $75

2009 – $50

2010 – $50

2011 – $80

10 Likes

That is one of the best description I’ve ever read.

main difference is that ‘made in china’ thing, not that it’s bad though.
Other than that, you can still feel the 888 aura. Though all version of the 888 is kinda different play wise.

1 Like

Does anyone have all the different models for comparison?

I have an 888 but I’m not 100% sure which one I have. Looks like a 2008 version but again I cant be sure.

If not then maybe I should make a pic of it :wink:

Send a pic and I can tell you what version it is

I’ve had a few 07’s and 08’s, and one 09. Gotta say I actually really liked the 09!
I played an 888x and I thought it was just as good as the 09.

1 Like

That is an 09 888 “classic”. It was meant to be an 07 throwback replica sorta thing. You can tell it’s a classic because the hub posts are solid and not hollow like all the other versions(except the '11). The regular 09’s were highwalled like the 07 888w’s and the 888x.

That’s a nice throw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahoy,
could you tell me what this is please?

5 Likes

It doesn’t look like it has a highwall, so probably an 07 or 08 888?

I swore i saw that an Ebay and was labeled an '07.

That doesn’t necessarily mean the seller was correct though

1 Like

That’s a custom ano job I’m pretty sure. Not certain of the year.

2 Likes

What data would help determine the year, OG sage and wise?

Can you see the engravings in the cup or does the ano hide them?

Ano hides them completely, almost as if there is no engraving.