Is the Lyn Fury Still Relevant?

I’ve seen a couple for sale lately, and it looks cool. But the only reviews I can find are old and within the context of its time.

Is it still relevant given the modern yoyos available now? Or is it just nostalgia at this point?

Or, is it relevant from a historical perspective? I e. is it worth it to be able to put modern yoyos in perspective with where they came from?

Especially if you decided to perform the same mods, e.g. replacing response with flowable, etc.

2 Likes

Old YoYoJams are still a lot of fun. Are they still capable? That really comes down to the player as skills may vary.

5 Likes

I did a “retrospective” video sometime last year on the Lyn. So, that’s over on YT if you want to peep it. Bottom line is that it’s a pretty decent unresponsive for its age. I didn’t really mod mine, unless you count swapping in a centering bearing and adding shims to widen the gap a bit. It’s really a lot of fun, especially since they can still be had for fairly cheap. Nice bit of nostalgia.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks for reminding me that my landlord STILL needs to redo our back porch…

But seriously, thanks for posting the link for me. I almost did earlier but felt weird being basically like “watch my video.”

5 Likes

Sure thing! My opinion: posting a review video you made that will help someone is the same as posting a trick tutorial and where would be without those?

2 Likes

Fair enough! I appreciate the perspective.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the replies!

I’m not sure how I missed the video in my searches. I’ll have to hone my Google-Fu a bit, I guess!

1 Like

My guess is that some dope didn’t include the word “review” in the video title. Oops.

2 Likes

Its a very capable yoyo and I still have one I throw from time to time. Even as designs have progressed, that celcon plastic dense feel is something you can’t get in any other yoyo.

6 Likes