Interesting Ask.fm CLYW response

Troll-Tinder, Chris swiped right.

1 Like

Our bromance is strong.

1 Like

The troll-mance is strongest.

1 Like

Well, everyone knows I’m a YoyoFactory fan. One of the reasons why, is not just how their yo-yos play and look, but the fact that they have reasonable prices, and they always have something new in the pipeline. It’s the best marketing of the stuff I like the most. I caught on to CLYW late, and tried them based on opinions of others. I bought quite a few since then, and played catch up on some of the older models that I can find. But, I have to admit that the prices, and inactivity in the past, were a few of the reasons I bought them less frequently than YoyoFactory, or even One Drop models. I buy a lot of yo-yos and I buy expensive ones too, but I only buy high end stuff about half the time. I prefer budget priced throws that look and play like the high ends. I like it when companies can find a void in the market, fill the void, and market things appropriately by letting people know when it’s coming, without a big tease, or crazy prices. It’s doing all that, while having projects always in the pipeline, that makes YoyoFactory the best at it. They take my money over and over again, in large part, because of they way they operate. I’m here to buy, and don’t have time for games. Every time I ask YoyoFactory when something is coming, I get a pretty direct answer, and if there is a minor delay, they will let us know in a timely fashion.

Having said that, I have been a lot happier with CLYW recently. I am enjoying the increased activity from them, a few new models coming out, finally getting the Yetis out, and at least trying to give things a different look. I noticed the difference, an increase in effort, and appreciate it a lot more from a buyer perspective. They are communicating a lot better with consumers. I think we’re all nervous what any changes might mean for that company, but there is no way for them to grow and continue to operate without change. I look forward to seeing things evolve, and their efforts to continue to get better. If they have plans to offer a more budget line of throws, I’m all for it. Some people don’t buy high end at all. Just keep the blizzards and other wintery CLYW coming, and step up on the YoyoExpert/Hi Andre colorways, and it’s all good baby. :smiley:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/772/20327419714_72a1fefa4c_z.jpgblizzards by Total Artist, on Flickr

1 Like

You floozie!!! How could you cheat on your red and black yo-yos like that. ;D

That is one nice CLYW collection you have there. I do have one request, could you someday post pics of your light box setup and what camera you are using? I would love to see what you are using to get such clear photos. Also, what, if anything, are you using for post production?

i second this…

I find it fascinating that whenever there is a conversation about CLYW there is always some contension. I really do find that interesting. It’s so strange.

1 Like

There is so much in this thread to ponder.

Two questions that come to mind:

1. Will the Chinese-made CLYW be new models; or will they be re-hashes of old ones? … Chinese Peak?
  2. Will CLYW continue to produce return tops in North America?

There were 3 peak halves machined in China, the profile was all wrong.

Both of those questions have been answered on Reddit, Ask.Fm, and Facebook. A few times, ha ha.

Once more, with feeling:

1. Only new models. ONLY.
  2. Yes. All of the current line and plenty of future models.

Here’s a link to some more in-depth discussion: Reddit - Dive into anything

its actually a puffin… Just sayin…

And TA, how much freaking money do you have?! Holy puffin!!

I don’t have any money, I give it all to Andre for yo-yos. I live in a house made exclusively of yo-yos. And, I ride spinning yo-yos to work. My boss compensates me in yo-yos. And, my diet is mostly yo-yos too. I’m from another planet, so I am not literally rich, just throw rich. :slight_smile:

Living the good life…

No, seriously, how do you make enough money to get as many yoyos as you have?

When you have a full time job you can invest as much disposable income as you choose into your hobbies.

2 Likes

Yup

That’s a personal question :stuck_out_tongue:

Garrett is right. I work a little more than I’d like to, for starters. But, I appreciate what I have. I’m much older than you, so I have more throws and less time to play with them. You likely have less throws and more time to play with them. The better position is up for debate, but you might be having slightly more fun than I am. Yet, I’m not complaining either, because it’s a fun hobby either way. :wink:

i have a full time job and I would like to dispose more income into my hobbies. Instead it goes into bills and raising my family. :smiley:

All jokes aside, I have a good amount of yoyos for how long I’ve been throwing. Not to mention lots of bills.

If you have at least one yoyo, be happy you’re apart of an amazing thing.

Man… I just… I don’t wanna be a downer but… Ah… Never mind.