innovation

I have many yoyos, from cheap to expensive. My wife things I’m a dork. Whatever.

I’m gonna do sound at CalStates. There’s safety in numbers and high end sound!

My secret is dressing like Mickey! ;D

Dude, did you at least get your name stitched onto the Mouse Ear hat?

I want one so bad so I can work on my tightest tricks without having to bind/throw all the time and just focus on string structures, but I can’t find one anywhere

like yoyos made out of soild gold/sliver

No the gloves were surprisingly expensive so I had to skimp on the hat.

Agreed, if anybody could yoyo it wouldn’t be worth doing.

Case and point supporting that argument:
YouTube.

I’m working on the next big idea right now. just sketched up the design.

I like this idea. Very useful as a learning tool as well.

I am a computer programmer and have actually thought of this before. Putting the string knotting aside - which is actually complex math - the user interface is the thing that seems difficult to engineer.

How would you even start to describe the trick for the computer?

Drag-and-drop a one-and-a-half-mount? Would that be from a palette of possible mounts? Then what? How do I tell the computer what to do next? Do I drag the yoyo, or the string…or a move from a palette of options? Over which finger? …under which other one?

Pretty soon, it is better to just use the real-thing.

Yeah I wouldn’t like this it would take the accomplishment out of making my own tricks and limit creativity because the computer can’t have all the possibilities.

Trust me, this only lead to new problems, especially when binding in high rpm.

I saw one on a japan based store

I think someone should come up with a string to end all strings. Indestructible, never gets too tight or too loose, and smooth as butter. Imagine only having to buy one string

Or hundreds, depending on the number of throws you own

well you could look around for the hyper-yo infinity if you want. My friend bought one from hiroyuki suzuki a couple months ago.
It’s honestly not very good though. Plays like a wobbling rock on a string, and it slows down to almost a stop if you have a couple layers of string in the gap. I’m not sure how many videos there are of it, but I think kimmitt made one a bit ago.
There’s a lot of room for improvement, which is why I think some company will pick it up and make it actually playable.

1 Like

yea I’ve been thinking about getting one and try to mod it

There has been some current innovative trends happening in the yoyo-world that fashions from the trick styles in competitions, the ways of marketing as well as the Yoyo itself.

Over in Japan, with Bandai once again trying to push the toy known as a yoyo into the general crowds of people, they have developed such throws like the Infinity but also the Hyper Cluster. Ben of Yoyofactory made a mention how its literally one of the most innovative yoyos out there today.

The reason it is currently something the most awesome out there is the variability of HOW it can play due to the change of body of said throw to something completely different, change the response and even change the bearing type. Everything about it is variable and fitting for the player. The player has every single option at his or hers disposal.

Personally, I hope Yoyofactory strikes a deal with Bandai so they can license it and get such stuff over here. It would be total takeover.

The technology/idea behind the hyper cluster however is not a complete new idea. Replacing rims have been around for quite sometime such as the Werrds “donut” system, The Any yo Ultimate X3, But Bandai has completely Reformed it.

Good times in the yoyo-world.

~Z

wasn’t duncan working on something like that?
something that could go from an imperial to a butterfly shape by using different spacers?