Indiana State yoyo contest 2013

Ohh, I remember him. The sport ladder was fun to do, haha. And there was only three people that did it so everybody got a prize!

10am - 11am Registration (no late registrations will be accepted)
10:30am - 11:30 am 1A Qualifying and sport ladder
11:30am - 12:15pm 5A Qualifying
12:15pm - 1:00pm Lunch
1:00 - 1:45 2A, 3A, and 4A Freestyles
1:45 - 2:15 1A Round of 16
2:15 - 2:45 5A Quarter Finals
2:45 - 3:15 1A Quarter Finals
3:15 - 3:30 5A Semi Finals
3:30 - 3:45 1A Semi Finals
3:45 - 4:15 1A and 5A third place matches
4:15 - 4:45 1A and 5A first place matches
4:45 - 5:00 Awards

This is the schedule, so probably the best time to come and watch would be from around 1 to 5. You would get to see all the divisions and the tournaments for 1A and 5A. The morning is just prelims and the sport ladder, but is still pretty fun to watch.

This was my first contest last year, too. Just expect to have fun and meet some people. If you’re new, I would recommend doing the sport ladder. You just start with easy tricks and progress to harder ones, and whoever gets the farthest wins. It’s a lot of fun and not really too competitive, so it is a lot of fun for beginners.

1 Like

Coming, along with my:

C3 Halo
CLYW Puffin
YYF ShaqlerStar
YYJ Destiny

I travel light, I guess

I am coming with:

CLYW Gnarwhal

YYJ Phenomizm

YYJ Trigger

Adegle PSG and Asteroid

YYF Rollmodel

A dv888 and another one that is a badly stacked

And some other yoyo’s

Challenge accepted
puts on Sherlock Holmes hat, sticks pipe in mouth

First contest I got third(out of 4) in sports ladder and as a prize got a flipside and a pink and black classic. I also picked up a hex

I had such a great time! Takeshi really knows how to run a contest. He always picks the best venues.

The only thing I didn’t like was that it went waaaaaaay too long. I’m pretty sure it took longer to set up the music than to actually watch the performances

Edit: now why is the quote button next to the modify button? Anyways, congrats on the second place Brian! The speed, maaaaaan