Incredibly Looney Listings

gentlemen, this discussion proves that so many of us are incredibly rich and didn’t even know it !!! We can celebrate, can’t we?!?!?! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I would say to laugh at it … which is better! :face_with_head_bandage:

6 Likes

Congratulations on your beautiful collection Shawn (@The_Machinist), just a tip, remove the strings from the yoyos … they retain moisture and over time they risk oxidizing the surface of the bearings … I speak from direct experience … :wink:

7 Likes

Someone is trying to pull a fast one. This yo-yo is NOT one of the super-rare and collectible “Killer Bee” models; it’s a ProFire with Turbo Bumble Bee side caps and a bearing.

How can I tell? First, the Killer Bee has an opaque red plastic that was created from the initial Pro-Yo red plastic; it is not translucent. Second, the Killer Bee side caps actually say ‘Killer Bee’ - not ‘Turbo Bumble Bee’.

Buyer beware - this yo-yo is maybe worth $40.

Here is a real Killer Bee:

18 Likes

This is a good catch!

4 Likes

I once sold a killer bee to a guy in England for 100 pounds. Always wanted to do a deal in pounds.

8 Likes

Will the just released Undefeated Imperials be the next to rival the high fashion STUSSY Imperials and demand over 1000% returns to collectors?

Buy Now for $186.52 shipped from Japan

Or get in on the action for $12 and wait for your investment to mature?

I do play with Yo-Yos so I am inherently immature.

9 Likes

Nuts🤪

Excellent yo-yo… Not that excellent…

Not done yet>

5 Likes

I’m rich!!!

3 Likes

More looney than: YOYOJAM DARKMAGIC Dark Magic yoyo | eBay

A steal, if you ask me. Everything this guy lists is just ludicrous.

4 Likes

And apparently too cheap to shell out for insurance… " DHL (with Tracking Number and No insurance)"

2 Likes

I really actually like this Yoyo, but this listing is coming in a little hot demanding $162 a piece since you can typically find these for under $20 on the bay , but you also have to pay the full lot price of $3,909.15 USD.

5 Likes

Says free shipping.

What would really be funny is if the guy does PayPal and you pay several thousand dollars for the yoyos and he wants you to send it friends and family. Or you pay the fees.

:see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I sold this exact edition DM for around $100 or so about 4 or 5 months ago.

2 Likes

Oh boy…… I have a ‘ringers’ for you guys.

The first one is completely beyond understanding…

7 Likes

And this one is just puzzling>

8 Likes

we want to talk about it …

4 Likes

The yo-yo I posted above(about the G2 banshee) is most interesting to me and I will tell you why.

Jacob Gross is one sharp guy. He is a very nice guy… very intelligent… very good with yo-yos…. And obviously very talented at designing very good yo-yos.

Jake has developed a pretty effective Business model. He creates an excellent design. He has it produced in fairly limited quantities. He comes up with some crazy color ways. He generates excited buyers with ‘Drops’ that generate an urgency to buy before they are ‘all gone’ in a few minutes. And, more often than not, that is just what happens.

He doesn’t charge unreasonable prices and most of his offerings over time have proven to be very good quality. He can keep his prices reasonable because he mainly sells directly, so he is making the markup as opposed to a retail Yo-yo store making the markup.

Ok, so far. Everything I said above is not a series of criticisms. That is just the way Jake plays….

But this particular Banshee is an anomaly of sorts.

This particular yo-yo was sent individually to G2, to make up for shorting Jake one yo-yo in the batch order. From what Jake said, it was not a color way he specifically ordered. It was just what they came up with and sent to him. The swirl coloring is unique and one of a kind.

….So, consequently, this pricing is ‘next level’ urgency/rarity/unique related. This is somebody’s’ chance to get a 1 of 1 colored Banshee.

As long as ‘somebody’ is will to bounce about 3 times higher than any other Banshee.

Basically, holding his own yo-yo hostage because it’s the only one in that color way, makes it suitable for Looney listings.

PS, I spent many years painting Porsche and Ferrari motor cars. And when we took in a VW bug, I would put a Ferrari grade paint job on it just to blow folks away, lol.

But, no matter how seriously good the paint job was, it was still just a VW, haha.

PS 2> if I was a die hard G2 collector, I guess I might see the pricing in a different way, dunno?

11 Likes

You’re making it sound like Jake set the price on that. It’s an auction and that’s the current bid. He’s not holding anything “hostage.” If the most anyone wanted to pay was $100, that’s what it would be right now.

So I don’t think that qualifies it as a “Looney Listing” any more than the recent Peak listings that went for quite a bit as an auction.

11 Likes

I know someone offered him more than double the current auction bid in a private offer, but he turned it down. This was before an unexpected expense popped up. Had that not happened, I suspect he would have held on to it for longer. There are some “high-rollers” out there that will definitely pay a high price to have a 1/1 swirl and I have a feeling the auction will reflect that by the end.

8 Likes

I didn’t specifically say that.

Read the post again…

He is simply capitalizing on this particular yo-yos’ rarity. It’s a 1 of 1 colorway in a yo-yo that doesn’t have any amazing attributes other than it’s unique color.

He didn’t need to ‘set’ a price. As I already said, G2 has, over time, developed a following of buyers that are eager to snap up his yo-yos at a price.

So you would suggest that Jake must be surprised that people are bidding this yo-yo way higher than if he got 12 in that same colorway?

He is simply letting the collectors do the pricing for him.

I did not say that was right or wrong.

My text simply suggests that this is just a Banshee in a unique color that for no other reason than its’ color will end up selling for a ‘Looney sum’.

Since you seem to think this is a non looney situation, why don’t you bid on it?

Merry Christmas Jake.

PS… that 2nd run Peak, going for $hundreds and hundreds$ of dollars was most certainly ‘Looney’.

Steve road that to the bank, too. A first run Levi painted Peak at the final price…. At least understandable.

A 2nd run polished Peak, not worth that much… somebody just paid that much.

4 Likes