In your opinion, what is one of the superb yoyos you’ve thrown that was also superb price wise?

The n12 is really excellent at $15.

Colossus 4 is also excellent for about twice as much.

1 Like

Onedrop Dang 2 for its price: Plays super well, is Designed and machined in the US, super smooth, 7075, nice packaging, and it’s Paul Dangs signature. You definitely get what you pay for

1 Like
  • YYF Protostar
  • Auldey x Yoyofficer Orbis
  • Yoyofficer Kilter 3
  • MYY M002
  • YYF Aviator 2
1 Like

Right, but it’s also a very sophisticated splash, which usually cost a fair bit more. That’s the other amazing thing, the TopYo splashes are almost the same price (if not the same price) as the solids.

1 Like

I feel like all my Top Yos play above there price. Silenus, Meta, colossus 3/4, Origin, Selene. But for my taste the Colossus 4 kinda has my top vote out of them. I got it at the same time as the Origin and kinda over looked it at the time, but I found it very addicting once i gave it it’s time of play.

1 Like

Hmm. Not much of a bimetal fan, I see. Which is a shame since the Dominator is one of the best bimetals at any price that I’ve played. I don’t think it gets a fraction of the attention or acclaim it deserves.

The Aviator 2 is one of the best monometals, regardless of price. For those currently produced, the Corruption or Raiser 2 are both excellent.

1 Like

Don’t assume to know what I’m a fan of. I have about 60 yoyos and love them all for the most part. When I talk about “good price” I don’t mention anything over 50$. But if pressed I would say I’m a bigger fan a metal rims on plastic body. Much better feel of weight distribution.

I hear you. I’m kinda the same in that I don’t consider anything over $40 a “superb price” for a monometal, which is why I didn’t name any for this topic. Similarly, I don’t consider anything over $80 a “superb price” for a bimetal. I have lots of superb monometals and bimetals, but only the Dominator hits both targets for me (i.e., it is both superb and has a superb price tag, IMO).

1 Like

Well then you have convinced me. I will pick one up when my taxes come in.

1 Like

Came here to say just this, so +1 for Silenus

Love my Topyo colossus 3…and 4!

1 Like

My Topyo Meta. It’s wide, floaty, fast, catchable, comfortable and is a fingerspin BEAST once you figure out how it likes it. If I had paid more for it I would still feel like it was 100% worth it considering it’s performance range.

I just got the Shu Takada green color one. Dang. This throw just feels right. It is very much the Goldilocks throw that I wanted my Kilter 3 to be. It has such a good balance of stability, speed and agility.

1 Like

At 67g, the Colossus 4 seems a bit heavy for its size to me. And it doesn’t sound like it is highly rim weighted, so I have to wonder about its stability (and spin time). Would it be accurate to say that the Col4 more of a casual throw than a performance throw?

This leads me to the tangential observation that words like “superb” or “excellent” (or whatever) by themselves are too unspecific; a “superb casual throw” may be a mediocre or poor performance throw (and vice versa). Without knowing what a yoyo is superb at, it is really hard for a reader to get a sense of whether or not it would be a good yoyo for them.

I mean, it’s not a large rim weighted bi metal, so it isn’t going to play like one.

For being a mid size yoyo, the extra weight makes it feel more controllable.

It is pretty well rim weighted too, the rims are thicc.

But generally speaking, it hits an excellent value/ performance sweet spot. There’s nothing particularly spectacular about it, but it is an excellent bang for your buck.

1 Like

I hear ya.

My curse is my love/need for high performance, highly stable yoyos. That means all the high “bang for your buck” throws that get a lot of praise because they are quite decent while being really cheap are typically of little value to me. The spin time and stability I prefer comes at a high price, with $70 (new) being the lowest I’ve found so far that meets my standards.

I really wish I could find an under-$30 throw I could love as much as a TopYo Dominator or OD Top Deck. Now that would be amazing bang for your buck!

1 Like

I mean, unless you are suuuuper slow at performing tricks [absolutely nothing wrong with that btw] or do really long combos, a yoyo like the col. 4 wouldn’t really hold you back in any way. Like the Mantis, that one is in no way a “performance monster”, but it is a really solid yoyo. Especially if you throw in a concave bearing of some kind. I wasn’t crazy about the Mantis until I decided to swap the bearing. But I digress…

Cadence ES.

1 Like