IMPORTANT

Technically all polished yoyos are beat.

If it’s dinged it isn’t mint.

But i can polish the shallow damage out, would it reduce value? Or do u guys just not like polished yoyos?

Not if it comes that way as an available “color”. Although, I’m trying to think of what I have, I don’t think anything I have that is polished came that way.

No. We’ve just been saying over and over again that what you’re suggesting that YOU want to do will in fact decrease the value of the yoyo. It has nothing to do with liking or not liking polished yoyos, it has to do with the reality of the situation.

However, you’ve already determined what you want to do and you’ve already decided how it will or won’t affect the value of the yoyo.

Think about this:
You get car, you get a dent, and then you just bang it out and not match the paint back up, throw it on the market ad wonder why you’re not getting your asking price.

In this case, you CAN match the car paint back up, or strip it all and re-paint it, or just be lazy and paint over the whole thing(ala Earl Shieb) and restore the value.

In this case, you’re going to remove the anodizing and won’t be able to match it up, period. You could strip it all down to have it re-done but then you’ll never have it the way it was.

I’ve got a BST deal going for an Envy64 that has some dings and nicks. I was presented the option of having them sanded out, but I said leave it. I don’t want a “polished” look on the rims. I’d rather accept it as is and then figure out what I’m going to do with it.

I say you’ve made your decision. Do as you please and accept the consequences.

Doesn’t matter. The value of the original is in the unique color way. Damaged or polished, it no longer has that value factor.

Enjoy your yoyo as a fine player and leave it at that.

Depends if I polish it or not lol, but even then, it won’t be worth retail price.

I believe that this man posting this = case closed.

Yah i decided not to