I'm sick of it!

The camera does indeed make a good substitute audience when you’re filming with intent to share the video and have a deadline (like for a video contest). At least it does for me. I don’t know for sure if the camera all by itself would have the same effect on me if I knew nobody would ever see it, mind you.

I have a hard time in front of people too the thing to remember is just keep going at a consistent pace not to fast and don’t worry about people they can only bother you for part of your life and if you do fail everyone forgets eventually.

Just accept that mistakes can/will happen… but the audience won’t notice it unless you draw attention to it… :wink:

Awesome! All SUPER helpful. Can’t wait to see what will happen tomorrow… ??? And thank you all so much!

Dont worry about it man. When you mess up the only people who possibly notice it are other yoyoers or a relative who you yoyo in front of A LOT. Stick to working on perfecting tricks on your own and being able to do them in front of others will come in good time.

I’ve gotten the same deal before, and there’s two parts to it. First, know what tricks you’re going to do in order and have experience practicing them. Like linkslegionare said if you mess up, non yoyoers will never be able to tell if you just flow with it. Second, focus on your yoyo and block out all other distractions (even if that means ignoring the tool in the back making faces). Smile and keep things light, you don’t want to make things super serious because after all you are playing with a toy!

I hope this helps!

Go for it, they won’t know about yoyoing so anything will look cool to them!

I play for a lot of m friends and what I’ve learned is to not do hard tricks. I go up to people and I think that I will blow their mind with some new super technical combo but end up with some knot or mess on my hands. When I perform for people I like to give them a little tease. I might throw them a smooth gerbil, rewind, roller coaster, and maybe end with a jade whip. Remember. The first trick better than walk the dog will blow their mind. As the tricks get harder but people have already seen hard tricks, the epicness decreases. Once I showed my friend a video of hiryoki Suzuki, he was never impressed with my skills again. Just stay smooth and relaxed. Don’t show them anything crazy because unless they know the yoyo, they will be really impressed with a simple smooth easy combo.