ILYY Liopluerodon Review

Ever since I first saw the pics of this yo-yo on raytsh’s flickr I knew I wanted one (or two). I managed to get my hands on one a couple of days ago and it arrived this morning . I eagerly awaited the box from the postman. When it finally came I destryoed the box in a second or two and claimed my prize…The Liopluerodon.

Diameter: 54.85mm
Width: 41.5mm
Gap size: 4.15 mm
Weight: 68 grams
Bearing: ILYY KMK Large

The Review:

Packaging:
Comes in a nice red jeweller’s style bag. Classy and simple. It comes with some info about warranty, string breaking and the standard mumbo jumbo. It also came with a nice little purple ILYY badge.

Appearance:
I love the colours. They are purple/pink and Titanium which is so dark I want to call it black (but I won’t). The contrast of these colours is great. The candy blast finish makes it looks shiny but still classy.

Shape:
It has a fairly rounded shape, much like the bassalope. The shape is vaguely like a cross between the CLYW Peak and Bear vs Man. It feels great in the hand and moves round in combos really well.

Play:
First thing…SMOOTH! This thing is so smooth on the string it literally put a smile on my face. It has ZERO vibe or wobble. It has a great weight meaning it feels solid without feeling slow and sluggish like, some heavier yo-yos. It moves in and out of string,fingers and whatever else you want it to, with such ease it’s like it doesn’t want your combo to end.

Response:
It uses Red SILYYcone. It is unresponsive out of the box, but no loose binds of problems like you can get with overly large gaps. After about 8 hours straight of use it seems to feel very different, similar to YYF silicone pads, kinds slippy but still great and still gives tight binds, just not quite as snappy.

Grinds:
It grinds phenomenally. It grinds for a long time and feels great on your finger, palm, arm or whatever else (I won’t judge). Not quite as fantastic as the Wolverine,Yoho and so forth Bear vs Mans. Similar feel to a Gruntbull finish.

Originality:
Look at the name!

Bearing:
It’s the standard ILYY metric bearing. It’s similar in size to a C size bearing. It come pre-cleaned and lightly lubed. Something all companies should do. Means no maintenance for a while. I would like to add, for those of you who don’t know, that under the bearing is a big gap between the bearing and the yo-yo so that tiny bits of dust or silicone are kept away from the bearing. Great idea.

Summary:
This yo-yo is fantastic. It blew all my exspectations away. I had read some stuff about it, so I was expecting a great yo-yo but this is better than I could have possibly imagined. After 8 hours of playing it it still puts a smile on my face every time I throw it.

great review and i didnt even know abot this yoyo i got to look it up

Yeah really good review! Wished most of the reviews would follow this format, easy to read, well structured. :smiley: I didn’t even know ILYY existed. Lol. See, you learn something new everyday! ;D