ILYY Falcon 2011 review

Construction:

This years falcon is sporting the candy blast finish, instead of the candodize finish seen on the 2010 falcon. On the inside we find the standard ILYY sILYYcone, with the ilyy cmk metric bearing, with c-clip shields installed. Another thing I noticed was that the guts area was masked off from the candy blast (to prevent string wear).

First impressions:

The first thing that i noticed was its very straight forward design. It had my favorite diameter of 54mm, and large width of 44.2mm. The spikes are much smaller than spyy’s spikes (like on the punchline), but also a lot sharper. With a lot of it’s 67.5 grams packed into the rims, this yoyo sleeps a long time, but is by no means hefty on the string.

Play:

I noticed that this yoyo has a little bit of a float to it, but it goes away as you progress into faster combos, when it becomes quick and nimble. The combination of the shape and candy blast finish makes this yoyo excel at arm grinds (and all other grinds too). Due to the heavily packed rims, the falcon is incredibly stable, but i woundn’t recommend it for horizontal yoyoing. The spikes are are sharp and successful, just like a falcon’s beak.

In the end, the ILYY Falcon soars above the rest!

for pictures, more reviews and other yoyo stuff, visit http://stringrat.wordpress.com