If you could go back in time…

Was looking at yoyonation and older versions of yoyoexpert on way back machine and saw a lot of cool older yo-yos. If you could go back in time and purchase one brand new yoyo what would it be?

Personally I would buy a dbyy EKG.

5 Likes

Anti-Yo Fluchs, YWET, or a Duncan Freehand 1.

I’d also stop myself from selling/trading my Grizzly Bear Clown Town Peak lol.

9 Likes

I would probably just go back in time and retrieve my original ProYo from the late 1970s.

4 Likes

General yo torrent

5 Likes

Probably some peak or something.
Then I’d sell it in 2019 or so, and use that money on DogeCoin. Of course I’d know exactly when to sell.

That’d pay for grad school.

7 Likes

One Drop GZR 54

5 Likes

What does GZR stand for?

2 Likes

Props to @hobbygod for mentioning the OG Torrent, definetly was the begining of something so beautiful.

My initial thought would be a General yo Magnum with the wooden box Ernie’s Dad carved.

If I’m allowed to pick another, it would be an Earth Swirl OG Peak.

4 Likes

GZR = 7075 Al = GeeZeR = @YoyoGeezer

2 Likes

What colorways did the AL7 54 come in? What colorway would you get?

2 Likes

Not sure

Any

1 Like

According to the Yoyo Wiki, it only came in gunmetal gray. Dunno how accurate that wiki is though.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s my white whale. Only OD I’m missing.

2 Likes

Magnum was runner up for me.

5 Likes

I could tell the story of why the GZR series was born but … maybe it’s better not … :rofl:

If I could go back in time what would I want? … nothing more than what I have … so, I think I made my choices well. :wink:

4 Likes

I believe the GZR line was a tribute to the love that the guys at OneDrop have for me. My memory, however, can be a bit fuzzy these days.

5 Likes

b!st, anti-yo, death mg.

3 Likes

opening an eetsit new in box. i’ve done it and it was a skin-crawling and joyous experience. i think it’d be hella cool to do it twice!

7 Likes

I’d hang onto the Silver Bullet, Silver Bullet 2, and No-Jive that I had in the 90s. In the 2000s, when I was convinced I’d never throw a yoyo again, I sold them off on eBay. I’ve since re-bought a No-Jive, but not going after another SB or SB2. I do have the box from the SB2, and that’s where all my extra strings, bearings and such hang out.

6 Likes

I mean capturing that magic from being a kid opening up my first fireball would be pretty sweet. I don’t know about everywhere else but in my area if you didn’t have a yomega you weren’t one of the cool kids.

4 Likes