I wrote a novel called Yo-Yo

Ive spent WAY too much time trying to imagine exactly WHAT this would even LOOK like :joy::joy::joy: like …I mean I SHOULD be getting my daughter ready for school BUT I can’t stop trying to picture this :joy::rofl::joy:
Tbh I don’t do as much reading as I’d like and used to do BUT I got a kick outta the sample chapter :joy:

3 Likes

Ok NOW I can only picture it play out like the pottery scene from “Ghost” :joy: and I just imagine Benny standing behind the Bank Owner while gently cupping his hand under the bank owners to “guide” his throw :man_facepalming:t5::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

As good an explanation as any. Thanks for taking the time to read it Matthew.

Ha I’m honored that chapter could distract you for a few minutes. I suppose a better way to describe what I imagined would be to think of Spider-man and his webs or a cowboy and his lasso. Benny’s yo-yo string works in this scene in that manner to grab Stan’s hand to shake. Once the handshake is done the yo-yo unwinds from around Stan’s wrist and returns to Benny’s hand.
I suppose adding the word string with yo-yo would have made the description clearer.

2 Likes

I’m not even joking when I say I haven’t read a single chapter of a novel in about 15 years :sweat_smile: so the fact I read the whole sample is a testament to how I genuinely enjoyed it :grin:

1 Like

I think you should have written a super heavy stainless steel responsive yo-yo into that chapter…

That way the yo-yo would have wrapped around Stans hand and immediately un-wound violently and come back and smashed Stan right in the melon and clocked him out for a 10 count.

Then the story would have been much more exciting and shorter, ya think?

1 Like

Ha!
Some titanium yo-yos whacking people in the head does come into play later.
You’ll have to read the book to see if Stan’s one of the people who gets thwacked.

1 Like